• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Metal shavings coming out of rear drain plug.

Gym

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Oh wow mahalo(thank u) Gym, those look solid. I see what u mean as far as adjustability. I probably would have to order those online, don’t think the local stores or shops would have them. Great idea🤙🏽
Yes @rkim808 I ordered these on Ebay.

Gym

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Yeah sorry I don't know of anyway to seal those up better. Maybe some one else will weigh in on that.
None of mine had hoses so I sealed mine with silicone.

rkim808

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
None of mine had hoses so I sealed mine with silicone.
Oh wow none of urs had hoses connected? It’s weird because the ones I figure would need drain hoses don’t have them. And I needed to silicon around the cup holders cause when I wash the boat like I said they leak. As for the broken/cut pieces of clamp, I gotta check all the clamp in the engine box. I noticed when looking to the far back of it, there’s a a half moon like large drain hole behind the bilge. It might of slid into the transom/exhaust area.🤔

Gump1976

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited E-Series
Boat Length
So I had been finding spiral metal shavings poking out from my drain plug almost every time I used my boat. I finally lifted the small door between the clean outs and shined a flashlight down to where the drain sits. Found a ton of junk that I was able to reach down and get, some of which looks like what others had mentioned. Small plastic bag, screws, clamp pieces, etc. Guess it’s not anything important, I hope!
94DA9C0C-E6F7-49C5-B95A-03AA020AA1A6.jpeg

mkbcaptain

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
My boat has that too. From the manufacturing process. Lazy

tdonoughue

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
It is the Yamaha spare part program... Those are your spare parts. I hope you didn't throw them away...

212s

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212S
Boat Length
So I had been finding spiral metal shavings poking out from my drain plug almost every time I used my boat. I finally lifted the small door between the clean outs and shined a flashlight down to where the drain sits. Found a ton of junk that I was able to reach down and get, some of which looks like what others had mentioned. Small plastic bag, screws, clamp pieces, etc. Guess it’s not anything important, I hope!
Found one loose screw but no missing screws - probably just dropped during assembly. Lots of shavings of metal, plastic, and fiberglass, dust, etc. I put a hose in the forward section and let it run toward the stern with the drain plug out and the jack cranked fully up. After about 3 "rinses" I think I have everything out now.