• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

MFI Trailer Bearing & Races

Captbob

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
There are 2 size races available for the inter bearing L 68149. One has an OD 2.327 and the other is OD 2.361. Does anyone one know which one is correct for the 2010 MFI trailer?

Speedling

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SS
Boat Length
Just take apart and bring it in to a parts store. Many of them keep in stock.

Captbob

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Thanks for the reply Speedling. I was trying to avoid taking any race out unless necessary. I always like to have bearings and races on hand in case in case of a problem. I usually replace the bearings and seals every 3 years. I thought maybe someone would have taken out the inter race and remember the size.

itsdgm

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
There are 2 size races available for the inter bearing L 68149. One has an OD 2.327 and the other is OD 2.361. Does anyone one know which one is correct for the 2010 MFI trailer?
I remember having this same question years ago when I bought spare bearings just in case I broke down somewhere. If I remember correctly, I just bought both races and threw them in my boat parts because they were so cheap and figured that I'd hopefully never figure out which ones were needed. (Crossing fingers, knocking on wood ;)

Captbob

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Thanks for the reply @istdgm. I will probably do the same. Years ago I had a Chaparral boat and trailer and the bearings were the same. At that time, the bearings I got came from and auto parts store with a race which fit right in. I was never aware that their were 2 races available for the L 68149. Your philosophy is wise. ( If you have it, then you will probably never have to use it.)

Russell

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212X
Boat Length
CaptBob, did you ever find out what bearing size and races were for your trailer? I'm going for a rebuild on mine soon. Thanks, Russell

zipper

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boston Whaler
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length

dgfreeze

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I hate to say it, but you might have to dive into it to determine which race is correct for you. Everything else should be standard, but that inner race could be one of two. One is standard, the other is a less common, but my trailer came from the factory with the less common, but one hub was replaced, and used the common one.

dgfreeze

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I'll also note, the part numbers for both are in my sig below...

Russell

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212X
Boat Length
My MFI 2010 trailer has the smaller diameter inner races as well (L68110).

dgfreeze

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Good deal. Get an extra race, and keep a whole bearing kit around in case of emergency. Cheap insurance for longer trips, or weekend issues.

dan144k

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
These are the notes I made when I worked on my 2010 MFI trailer for a AR240.
I hope it helps you check amd cross reference some. I remember I did alot if cross searching and checking and these were my final notes.
Please verify information For your self.
Brakes are GDC

Boat trailer hubs and bearings
Seals 2.56OD 1.68iD
dexter part 010-172-00 (168255TB)
Or
Ultra-Tow bearing kit #57124713, inner 1-3/8, outer 1-1/16, seal 1-23/32
Or
Trailer mfi DB35 brake calipers and 1.98" bearing buddies

Trailer brake hub and rotor 008-435-053

Master cylinder UFP #34762 or sku#5415013

Trailer shock UFP #32306 or sku#5415028

dan144k

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I rebuild the starboard side of trailer. Everything looked good and I don't think it really needed to be done.
- I remember the caliper and disk did not line up the way I liked and thought it should and I used a washer as a shim while assembling it.
- I have the parts for the port side, maybe next year.

Russell

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212X
Boat Length
Only after rebuilding the rear hubs and installed new brake calipers do I see a warped disk. :oops: Back to the drawing board. This morning I ordered new rear hubs on Amazon. They will be in on Wednesday. Doing it twice is all so nice. NOT.