• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

MFI Trailer......Best Tires

Ronnie

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Speaking of trailer tires, this is what happened to one of my trailer tires on the way back from camping this past weekend. My wife was driving the tow vehicle and my son was with her. It was dark by the time I got the spare on and we got back on the road. Lesson for me is to never under estimate the value of the spare tire and all the gear needed to use it. This was a radial, not sure if it blew or had a slow leak. The rim and tire or wheel were destroyed and the steel belts scratched up the trailer but it all worked out, no one got hurt we just got home a little later than expected.
image.jpg

Last edited:

Ronnie

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
2006 fx (140) cruiser

farrelltravis

Jetboaters Captain
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Dang Ronnie! That could have been worse!

Ronnie

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
There is always room for worse. In the background I was towing the boat with another vehicle a few miles ahead. So I had to drop the boat off at a parking lot at the nearest exit than backtrack to them on the freeway. One jack was to short the other to tall so I laid one down sideways and stood the other on top of it to make it all happen. My platinum aaa membership didn't cover and boat us was going to take over an hour to get to us. To top it all off I decided to drive the truck and skis back to the boat but when I got in the truck it wouldn't start (wife forgot to turn the lights off when she pulled over due to the flat/blow out). So I broke out the jump packs, one wasn't charged enough, thankfully the other was or I would have had to jump the truck with our other vehicle on the side of a 5 or 6 Lane freeway at night. I've had more trailer problems, flats actually, this year than I had combined in the previous 25 years, hope this is the last for a while but just in case I've ordered a new spare and will re verify that I have what I need to use it on the boat and ski trailers.

DoubleThrust

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SS
Boat Length

Ronnie

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
When I went to buy a spare trailer tire all of them were D rated for speeds up to 65 mph with the exception of a few radials , R rated.

KXCam22

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Just got a set of Maxxis M8008 put on this morning. Took a bit of searching to find them in Canada. I stayed with the stock size, 205/75 R14 C load range. They ended up being a great deal $125 CAD plus mounting. Very nice looking tires. The old ones were beat with some wicked under inflation wear. Cam.

MIDLIFECRISIS

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited
Boat Length
I prefer round ones.:thumbsup: On another note, since we live in Texas and our trailers are registered for over 4200# they have to be inspected once a year. That being said we have to have tires the have trailer tire only on them, we can not use passenger tires by state law.:banghead: