• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Michigan - Lake Saint Clair

HangOutdoors

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I am out on LSC all the time. Have no problem handling the chop perhaps we all will run into each other. I either go in at Metro Beach or at Harley Ensign State Launch.

20200706_191430.jpg

Last edited:

KevJul2019

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Chop isn’t a problem. Just go out before noon and you will be fine. Who wants to wait hours for a launch spot in a inland lake, NOT ME. Tons of spots to do water sports on Lake Saint Clair. Go by Strawberry or Fishers.

HangOutdoors

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I dont wait hours ever or really more than a few minutes anymore. Otherwise we move on. There is a lot better water in some of the inland lakes than LSC by far. Just need to understand which lakes and what times to go.

Slimred

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I have a 19 ft, SX192 and run on Lake St Clair all the time. I run out of Selfridge and also Algona DNR's. The further north you go on the lake the better the water, in my opinion. My boat cuts thought the waves no problem. You just have to know where to go.

HangOutdoors

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
The water is just better on some of the inland lakes. We are on LSC a couple times a week typically the east and north east side of Anchor bay by the islands and canals, but prefer to do watersports on the clearer and calmer inland lakes, especially wake boarding.

KevJul2019

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I have a 19 ft, SX192 and run on Lake St Clair all the time. I run out of Selfridge and also Algona DNR's. The further north you go on the lake the better the water, in my opinion. My boat cuts thought the waves no problem. You just have to know where to go.
Very true. I too have a 19ft. SX192. Hope to see you out on LSC.

SB78

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Is it possible to navigate from LSC up the St.Clair river to Lake Huron, or are there obstructions blocking the way?

HangOutdoors

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Yes, no problem then you can keep going all the way around into Lake Michigan and down to Chicago if you like. Keep your distance from shore and the no wake rules and just cruise right up.

SB78

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Thanks! I'm on the Canadian side, so I'd be heading east towards Georgian Bay.