1. Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter
  2. Reminder of the Seadeck group buy through JetBoatPilot.....you only have Until SEPTEMBER 30th to get in on this group buy - which HAS ALREADY reached the 30% discount point!

So if you are looking to replace that old worn or stinky carpeting and get an awesome new look for your boat, or perhaps your stock swim platform is crumbling and leaving black crap on you and your guests when you sit on it.....look no further! Don't miss this opportunity as this only happens once a year!  

Thank you Will @jetboatpilot for offering this exclusively to JETBOATERS.net members!

(You can click the X to the right to dismiss this notice)

Dismiss Notice

Miles per season you trailer your boat

Discussion in 'Polls' started by flyingnugget, Apr 23, 2017.

?

How many miles do you pull your boat per year?

1. 0-50 (I live on the lake)

18.8%
  2. 51-100 (close but not on the water)

14.5%
  3. 101-200 (back and forth but so worth the fun)

4.3%
  4. 201-300 ( quality family time..heheh)

5.8%
  5. 301-1000 (I'll travel with my boat anywhere to get it in the water)

20.3%
  6. 1000+ (I'm road and boat warrior)

36.2%
  1. TheGreekTitan

TheGreekTitan Jet Boat Lover

Ratings:
    +128 / 0
    Boat Make:
    Yamaha
    Year:
    Boat Model:
    SX
    Boat Length:
    I voted 0-50, but I don't live on the lake. I keep it dry stacked. Call them up, and they put her in the water within 30 min. Face the boat bow in, and they put it back in storage. Bow out, and they leave her be. Love it!

2. SierraWhiskey

SierraWhiskey Active Member

Ratings:
    +29 / 0
    Boat Make:
    Yamaha
    Year:
    Boat Model:
    Limited S
    Boat Length:
    We live in Northern Kentucky and the few lakes around us kind of suck. My boat will never touch the Ohio River, so we trailer quite a ways. We love Lake Cumberland in southern Ky and Norris Lake near Knoxville, TN and don't mind trailering 3-4 hours each way for a great day out. We also only purchased our boat late in the season last year and still trailered up to Traverse City area twice to spend long weekends on Elk & Torch Lake, as well as Grand Traverse Bay. That was roughly 9 hours each way, so I would estimate we did about 4K miles and will easily top that this year with a full boating season.

3. arew~SX230

arew~SX230 Jet Boat Addict

Ratings:
    +198 / 6
    Boat Make:
    Yamaha
    Year:
    Boat Model:
    SX
    Boat Length:
    Same here, but my place is the opposite, bow in they leave you in, bow out they pull you out.

Do they put you in the racks stern first?

• Love It Love It x 1
  4. TheGreekTitan

TheGreekTitan Jet Boat Lover

Ratings:
    +128 / 0
    Boat Make:
    Yamaha
    Year:
    Boat Model:
    SX
    Boat Length:

They hook up a jet ski to the boat and pull it over to the forklift. The forklift places it on the rack bow in. The door closes behind the stern. Which is nice, because on several occasions I've gotten on the boat without having to have it in the water or on the wash racks.

5. AZDANSX230HO

AZDANSX230HO Jetboaters Lieutenant

Ratings:
    +1,414 / 115
    Boat Make:
    Yamaha
    Year:
    Boat Model:
    SX
    Boat Length:
    Last year doing 4 trips down to Lake Pleasant was a total of 668 Miles, a trip to Lake Powell was 448 Miles roundtrip, 3 trips to Lake Havasu was a total of 1278 Miles, so I guess we tow quite a bit with 2394 miles towing last year.

6. jcyamaharider

jcyamaharider Event Sponsor Event Sponsor

Ratings:
    +2,928 / 5
    Boat Make:
    Yamaha
    Year:
    Boat Model:
    242X E-Series
    Boat Length:
    Each boat trip this year will be a 320 mile round trip so we will be well over 2000+ miles.

7. haknslash

haknslash Jetboaters Captain

Ratings:
    +2,205 / 75
    Boat Make:
    Yamaha
    Year:
    Boat Model:
    AR192
    Boat Length:
    We do roughly 800-1,200 miles a year of towing to local state lakes and one trip each year to the panhandle in Florida (500 miles round trip).

8. McMark

McMark Jet Boat Junkie

Ratings:
    +972 / 24
    Boat Make:
    Yamaha
    Year:
    Boat Model:
    AR
    Boat Length:
    Between 2000 and 4000 per year. If I take the boat to Florida in the fall as well as the spring, it's 4000.

9. biglar155

biglar155 Jetboaters Lieutenant

Ratings:
    +840 / 4
    Boat Make:
    Yamaha
    Year:
    Boat Model:
    SX
    Boat Length:
    Our launch is 75 miles away. So if I make it out 10 times a summer (a good year for us) we're at 1,500 miles.

There are closer lakes, but driving around in circles would bore me.

10. WickedPorter

WickedPorter Jet Boat Addict

Ratings:
    +121 / 0
    Boat Make:
    Yamaha
    Year:
    Boat Model:
    AR
    Boat Length:
    My trailer gets approximately 2 miles per year ... from the marina across the street to my driveway and back. I worry about it rotting away in the outdoor storage over the summer ... but I do visit it a couple times per summer to 303 the sensitive parts. :) It's amazing how 303 preserves the tire/rubber hose and bunks... not even sun-faded after 4 years!