• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Mirror

Steve73

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Looking for recommendations on a Mirror attachment. I have a 2018 AR190.

Thanks in advance!

biffdotorg

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Sharing your budget will help immensely. As many will recommend the most expensive mirror they can find, while someone else may share a link to a $30 Chinese mirror on Amazon. They truly are all over the board.

Tower mount and windshield mount are the two most common options. On the forward facing tower, you need one that can come down from the top, so the pivot point on mirror has to allow for that. It rules out the $30 mirrors.

We got into a a reasonable one, that comes down from the top and kept it around $100. If you don't mind the ones that clamp onto the windshield, there are plenty of low cost options.

Steve73

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Sharing your budget will help immensely. As many will recommend the most expensive mirror they can find, while someone else may share a link to a $30 Chinese mirror on Amazon. They truly are all over the board.

Tower mount and windshield mount are the two most common options. On the forward facing tower, you need one that can come down from the top, so the pivot point on mirror has to allow for that. It rules out the $30 mirrors.

We got into a a reasonable one, that comes down from the top and kept it around $100. If you don't mind the ones that clamp onto the windshield, there are plenty of low cost options.
Looking for best bang for the buck option. Probably more along the lines of the $30-$50 range. Prefer not tower mount as I’m tall and already have to watch my head when around the tower.

RNYCLV

Event Sponsor
Event Sponsor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
We got this one, it was a last minute addition to a weekend trip last year. It works well and was affordable...

h2oskierfl95

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
I know it's a little more pricey, but if you are towing skiers/boarders/etc. you will love this one. You literally get almost 180 degrees of view. It's nice for keeping an eye on boats overtaking you as well. CIPA Mirror

drewkaree

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Prefer not tower mount as I’m tall and already have to watch my head when around the tower.
Your tower arcs forward. The mirror will attach to the front tube, and will sit right at or in front of the windshield. If you ever smacked your head on a tower-mounted mirror, I'd have to question how you were getting up and sitting down from the captain's seat. 🤣

Thanks to pricing increases, this is one that would actually fall somewhere in between what @biffdotorg is talking about, as there are $300+ mirrors out there.

When I purchased mine last August, this was $145, and you can see what it is now. I have one like @h2oskierfl95 suggested, and was never happy with it. The mount on his linked mirror is different, but the stability and concern about long-term damage to the window trim was the first slight concern I had after buying it, and after having it in use, the need to remove it for storage EVERY time in order to put the mooring cover on was the nail in the coffin.

I know for certain I still have that mirror, and may still have the mount, if you're interested in buying it, but if you want something ASAP, it'll take me at least a week before I'm back to the boat, possibly 2 weeks.

biffdotorg

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Drew is right. Our mirror sits above the front windshield and out of the way. Connects directly above, so it does not bother the bimini or stress the windshield. And it was cheap (in my eyes)

1716947104654.jpeg

denizcan

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited
Boat Length
Hello,
For your 2018 AR190, I recommend looking at the CIPA Comp II Marine Mirror or the PTM Edge VR-140 Elite Mirror. Both are popular among boat owners for their wide-angle views and sturdy attachments. Make sure to choose one with a secure mounting system compatible with your boat's windshield or frame.
Thank you

biffdotorg

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Hello,
For your 2018 AR190, I recommend looking at the CIPA Comp II Marine Mirror or the PTM Edge VR-140 Elite Mirror. Both are popular among boat owners for their wide-angle views and sturdy attachments. Make sure to choose one with a secure mounting system compatible with your boat's windshield or frame.
Thank you
This is awesome, do we have an AI bot now answering questions? I mean, how can I argue with that logic coming from a bot with a Yamaha boat that never existed. The answer sounds like it came directly from Bing with GPT. (sorry the Microsoft guy in me came out, I will put that away)

Looks like our years of experience can easily be replaced with AI

1716990404403.png