• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Mission Mat Leaking

Wrecked Rooster

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I have a Mission mat that is leaking around the seams in the location shown on the attached image. Where the orange meets the grey. I reached out to Mission and they said there is nothing they can do since it's out of warranty. I do have some extra material that came with the mat but not sure what's the best way to apply it. Anyone have any experience with this that might be able to point me the right direction as far as best adhesive, method to apply, etc?

Attachments

• Mission Mat.PNG
    Mission Mat.PNG
    533.1 KB · Views: 23
I have a Mission mat that is leaking around the seams in the location shown on the attached image. Where the orange meets the grey. I reached out to Mission and they said there is nothing they can do since it's out of warranty. I do have some extra material that came with the mat but not sure what's the best way to apply it. Anyone have any experience with this that might be able to point me the right direction as far as best adhesive, method to apply, etc?

I recommend that you deflate the tube, flatten out the area to be repaired and make sure it’s clean and dry. Afterwards, use clear flex seal tape (not the patch kit that came with the mat / island) to cover the leak. The tape should be at least 1” larger than the leak. Good luck. IMHO - for what mission charges their warranty should be extensive. Going forward, consider buying these types of products from Costco. Their return and exchange policy cannot be beat.

Sorry to hear.

While not aesthetically pleasing, I have had great success with Star Brite Liquid Electric Tape in repairing inflatables.

There maybe better alternatives.

I recommend that you deflate the tube, flatten out the area to be repaired and make sure it’s clean and dry. Afterwards, use clear flex seal tape (not the patch kit that came with the mat / island) to cover the leak. The tape should be at least 1” larger than the leak. Good luck. IMHO - for what mission charges their warranty should be extensive. Going forward, consider buying these types of products from Costco. Their return and exchange policy cannot be beat.

Appreciate that info. I went and spoke to an upholstery guy locally and he recommended the Flex tape as well. I was originally thinking of going with this and the vinyl pieces they provided:

Also, thanks for the advice on Costco.

Sorry to hear.

While not aesthetically pleasing, I have had great success with Star Brite Liquid Electric Tape in repairing inflatables.

There maybe better alternatives.

Didn't even think to use that for it. Honestly, I'm worried about using most things since the pressure is so high on these things.

How old is it? Mission is supposed to be a premium brand, I would say leaking at a seam is a manufactures defect, regardless of warranty period, its not like it got punctured so it would have been good customer service to assist in one way or another.

How old is it? Mission is supposed to be a premium brand, I would say leaking at a seam is a manufactures defect, regardless of warranty period, its not like it got punctured so it would have been good customer service to assist in one way or another.

I thought the same thing. Offered to pay for shipping, etc to have them fix it and they said there was nothing they could do. Called 2 different times and the best they were able to do was send me some patches (free of charge) and recommend buying a vinyl welding gun ($200). Found an older video of a guy doing a inflatable SUP seam that might be promising. Going to give that try. Should basically be the same thing.

You should use a proper patch kit, like one for SUP boards (made of PVC with the proper adhesive). Flex tape will not hold the pressure of an inflatable like this, but is perfectly adequate for something like a float or raft (I've tried).

You should use a proper patch kit, like one for SUP boards (made of PVC with the proper adhesive). Flex tape will not hold the pressure of an inflatable like this, but is perfectly adequate for something like a float or raft (I've tried).

Thanks for the heads up. The pressure was a concern for me as well. Since it's on a seam, I am thinking I can pull it back some and add some adhesive. Then clamp the same down and let it sit until the glue dries.

Back