• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Modifications to 2016, 242X (Thinking about Bimini...)

Glen

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
This is what I installed in the stern. Only the 15 degree in the back, as there is already some slope towards the back. After 3 trips, all rods have stayed in the holder from everything to trolling to full speed heading back to the ramp.

http://www.amazon.com/Combination-Holder-Stainless-bottom-degree/dp/B00NYD0ZA0?ie=UTF8&psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00

I also bought these which are 30 degree rounds that I plan on installing on the bow. I have yet to have the need/time/motivation to install these, yet. The thought is that it would be good for the kids fishing with bobbers or bottom fishing. And who wouldn't use an extra set of cup holder-

http://www.amazon.com/Combination-Holder-Stainless-bottom-degree/dp/B00NYD0QA4?ie=UTF8&psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00

Note that there is no completely flat area where these are being installed. You will need some marine white sealant to close the gap between the flat installed product, and the less than flat boat surface. I have done it. Your eye can't see it, once the white sealant is in.

Note that you will need a 3 and 1/4 hole saw to put these in-

Glen

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Made earlier post about my frustration with the empty space next to the port bucket seat. Hate wasted space.
Bottom-line, followed through w/ the instinct to make it cooler space. Most accessed storage in a day playing on the water.
Yeti: 299; no!
RTIC: Sept; no!
Walmart ($59): Hell yes!

With day boats like ours, '5 day ice' is interesting, but irrelevant.

We put 2 refreeze things in w/ it packed w/ drinks and lunch and came home 10 hours later w/ them only being half defrosted.

(This first time) Was a little frustrating to get in place but seat rotated 180 while there and it never budged during day of tubing exploits.

I'm sticking with it!

Attachments