• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Mooring Cover 2021 Yamaha Boats

ComingInHot

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SE
Boat Length
Does anyone have a picture of a boat with the snap cover? That would be interesting to see.
I have a Yamaha 2 piece snap on cover. We wet slip our boat and with our dock set up it is much easier to use a snap on cover rather than the mooring cover. The dealer just put it on last week and we'll pick it up Saturday.

Attachments

Sonic Blue

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SD
Boat Length
I have a Yamaha 2 piece snap on cover. We wet slip our boat and with our dock set up it is much easier to use a snap on cover rather than the mooring cover. The dealer just put it on last week and we'll pick it up Saturday.
Oh wow. That certainly makes things clearer. Thank you so much. That's the first time I've been able to see one.

adrianp89

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SE
Boat Length
Awesome looking setup! VERY NICE. Looking at the stern picture, it looks to me that if leave the boat in the water, im going to get wet installing that cover and it will sit bellow the waterline. Ya... thats a bummer. I was hoping it would ride higher. Thank you for the pics.
100%, to get the cover over the aft you need pressure and leverage. Plus it clips to the tow strap hooks. It would be hard to do it if you were in the water. Doing it out of the water while the boat, would be impossible.

Sonic Blue

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SD
Boat Length
Ok. Thanks all. I have both on order. I'm just going to leave it that way. I will have to get used to the snaps. And if i end up having to trailer it in the rain, I will be happy i have the "mooring cover" which should really get a name change to "towing cover" in my opinion. Those pictures really helped.

ComingInHot

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SE
Boat Length
Ok. Thanks all. I have both on order. I'm just going to leave it that way. I will have to get used to the snaps. And if i end up having to trailer it in the rain, I will be happy i have the "mooring cover" which should really get a name change to "towing cover" in my opinion. Those pictures really helped.
I really didn't want the snaps but I couldn't see fighting with the mooring cover at the dock every time we went out. Our last boat had the snap on cover and it was great. After a while you wont't even notice the snaps are there. I heard that they make white snaps. You can always convert to them if the silver ones get on your nerves.

mrcleanr6

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
275SD
Boat Length
If you keep your boat in the water then snaps are the way to go. Youll never notice the ones around your windshield as those just clip in over the rubber and disappear with the window frame. The ones on the white part of the hull, get the white composite snaps. They are way less noticable. They are there but looks more like part of the boat and blend in rather than a shiny silver snap every 8”. If you havent ordered the snap on cover yet i would highly recommend you have a marine canvas guy make you one. Sunbrella fabric is way better and the fit will be way better without all the wrinkles. A good canvas guy will get the cover as tight as a drum. They just cant do that with the yamaha cover since it mass produced and not fitted to your boat.

SCP1

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212S
Boat Length
Does anyone have a picture of a boat with the snap cover? That would be interesting to see.
All of the snap covers I have seen on the Yamaha's leave the bottom rear deck exposed, high above the water.

jdorworth

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
255XE
Boat Length
How long did you all have to wait to get your mooring covers in? We are at 6 months. Others I know have been waiting since august / september last year.

Zuppy51

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
It will be one year for me in August... :( Not happy at all.
I did receive a call from the dealer, they expect this week, but that's the 4th time they have claimed this...

kbell413

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
ok That is starting to make sense now. I'm kinda forced into the snaps if I'm leaving my boat at the slip. I don't like the snaps either....but It may be a necessary evil.
A "mooring cover" is designed to be on the boat when it's on a mooring, aka in the water on a fixed anchor. It'll be perfectly fine on your boat while it's in a slip also. I back my boat into my slip and use the mooring cover. I ratchet it tight while sitting on the dock. I personally hate looking at snaps also.

Gooch

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
3482F147-AF71-4B0F-BE57-1878F389F4E8.jpeg
Finally got my AR250 cover this weekend which is GREAT as the shipping cover was getting torn to hell. The dealer did mention ( not sure if it’s true or not) that the dealers that ordered the covers embroidered with the dealership names are getting these first. Again, not sure if it’s true as mine isn’t embroidered. @Zuppy51 I ordered mine in September so hopefully yours comes in shortly.

Attachments

1WetBoat

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I ordered mine thru JetBoatPilot instead of dealer. Just received mine on Sat and quickly changed out the shipping cover which was becoming a pain to constantly lower/raise the tower every time i was going to take it out. It was also starting to split at the seam that goes over the tower.

Love this new cover, went on so easily and its perfectly snug.

Cover-Front-Port.jpg

Cover-Front-SB.jpg

Cover-Side-Port.jpg

And the best part I like is the Velcro closures around the tower. No more having to lower/raise it each time i want to use the dang thing.
Cover-Tower-Velcro.jpg

adrianp89

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SE
Boat Length
You went above and beyond, I put my shipping cover on with the tower up still.

1WetBoat

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
You went above and beyond, I put my shipping cover on with the tower up still.
Lol, yeah.

JetBoatPilot just called me to confirm I had received it because apparently they shipped two covers for my AR250, one came to me directly, the second to them. So the second one is going to the next AR250 person on the list.

adrianp89

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SE
Boat Length
Lol, yeah.

JetBoatPilot just called me to confirm I had received it because apparently they shipped two covers for my AR250, one came to me directly, the second to them. So the second one is going to the next AR250 person on the list.
lucky them. I’m still waiting on mine. I expect to come any day now that I’ve finally mastered this one.

Danrich

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SD
Boat Length
I got mine awhile back and I keep my boat in a wet slip all summer. My last boat was a 2006 AR210 and the new covers are a little harder to put on it still only takes me 3-5 minutes and I only have a dock on one side of the boat. The new cover is harder to tighten up if you don’t have access to both sides. Still super easy. You just work from the front back and do the side without the dock(Velcro and clips) then get out of the boat and finish everything up on the dock.

Attachments

HangOutdoors

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length

LM-Jet

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212SD
Boat Length
After thought, we went with the yamaha bow and cockpit cover...with snaps. Sounded much easier to use at a wet slip that we rent fir a week on lake Charlevoix, etc. Experience with this anyone,?

Snaps not my preference. But never notice them after a while I'm thinking.

HangOutdoors

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
After thought, we went with the yamaha bow and cockpit cover...with snaps. Sounded much easier to use at a wet slip that we rent fir a week on lake Charlevoix, etc. Experience with this anyone,?

Snaps not my preference. But never notice them after a while I'm thinking.
I actually have both, sort of. I have the premium mooring cover, which is nice cause it keeps all the bird shit off my windows and I use it for towing long distances. I also have the snap cover but just for the bow. I use it when it is raining out or if a storm hits I snap it on in case a wave washes over it may mitigate some of it. I have only used it a few times.

I don't even notice the snaps around my bow at all.