• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Mooring Cover Lettering Wearing off

skbishop90

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR192
Boat Length
I have a 15' AR192 with the "Deluxe Mooring Cover". The white YAMAHA lettering is wearing off and flaking all over the rest of the cover. Also, the ratchet covers wore off the outer black layer of material and the zippers SUCK....

Anyone else having an issue the the "Deluxe" being not so deluxe for the $800 price tag?

subysti

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Common problem. Also leaks water through it now. Don't use Starbrite on it, speeds up the disintegration process.

4wheeldeal

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR192
Boat Length
I'm going to be using my storage cover more and mooring only for tire mooring in the water. I was worried about the same my seasons shorter so it should last longer I would hope.

AboveTheBest

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Does anyone have any suggestion on a product to lengthen the life of the cover?
Is there anything I can apply to make it repel water?

njmr2fan

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
303 HiTech Fabric guard. Its the only product approved by Sunbrella fabrics.

pete4180

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
My Gray Yamaha Premium Cover started to leak after it was one year old, I agree not so Premium. I used StarBrite , it helped a little but the cover got very slippery. I'll try 303 HiTech Fabric guard. Otherwise I'll be looking for a new cover next year. Boat Covers Direct has a nice selection starting at $500.

haknslash

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length

subysti

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
The problem with the shipping covers is they dont offer enough ventilation. They can lead to mold over time if you dont have air moving.

4wheeldeal

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR192
Boat Length
The problem with the shipping covers is they dont offer enough ventilation. They can lead to mold over time if you dont have air moving.

I'm sure vents could be added but mine has 4 large vents at the top vs two on the deluxe cover.

I find water pooling in the bow the biggest concern with the deluxe cover, anti pooling my a$$.

Also it's damp with the deluxe mooring cover as it's not truely waterproof i still find it has dew in the morning when I leave overnight.

The storage cover is dry and it might have venting issues I haven't used it long enough. I would like to get another one if I can find it.