• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Mooring cover with out poles!

granpachuck

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Can you tow with the Hangtyte system in place? I feel like this has been asked and answered, but I can't find it with a search. I have having to pull the cover off, get in the boat, and put the poles in place under the cover, then climb back out and "reseal" the cover after towing. Would be nice to be able to tighten/loosen these from the side of the boat after a tow, or when towing in the rain.

Any thoughts from owners?
I wouldn't tow with the hangtyte connected on the bow, but I do tow all the time with it connected on the stern. I decided to not use it all on the bow. That one line holding the bow cover in place while driving 50-70 mph seems like too much pressure on such a small area. Others here have mentioned a beach ball in the bow; I put a few lifejackets on the deck and put the beach ball on top of that. You could also buy an exercise ball that comes with a small platform to hold it in place. I use 2 hangtytes for the stern . Works great, goes up fast, no straps to install or step around.20210708_165217.jpg20210708_165245.jpg

shibumi

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Hangtyte owners - did your Hangtytes come "packaged" and with instructions of some sort??

I just received my order of two from iboats.com and - it *appears* to be two Hangtytes, but I have no idea if anything is missing because they weren't in any sort of packaging - no labeling - and no instructions whatsoever. I'm kinda feeling a bit ripped off. They were a decent price comparably, but there was no indication they were "used".

They don't necessarily look used, but - just odd that there would even be some instructions or something.

How did yours arrive?

hangtyteIBoats.jpeg

shibumi

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
I mean, Exhibit A: The video shows using the packaging as a template for marking up the hole you have to cut!! :mad:

1651272886342.png

jetboater4life

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Yes I have purchased 3 hangtytes, all from iboats I think. They came with the paper you see above. That paper is actually part of the packaging as you can see that it folds in half. Installing is not that complicated and you can make a trace based on the plastic itself so I wouldn't sweat it to much. I'm sure you can download the template or call them and they will email it to you.

The ones you received look like someone returned and they repackaged them. They look brand new to me though. I paid $40 a piece for the three I use. 1 for the front, and 2 for the back on my 2010 212x. Been using them for about 4 years and they work great. They are not to be used during towing as it puts additional stress on your cover and will cause it to rip sooner than you would like. I've been able to keep my cover going for 10yrs but I may be out of luck this year as it's getting a little thin.

foozed

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SD
Boat Length
I bought three (2 at first and then 1) and all arrived without packaging. I watched a YouTube video for some guidance.
These things have been great so far! I tossed the original poles in the staten island dump.

Shookie

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
@shibumi mine arrived the same way, no "real" packaging at all. Bought at the end of the season last year and never installed them. I'm installing today...

shibumi

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Thanks for all of the feedback/confirmations on the packaging! I installed my two Saturday night. That initial cut into a perfectly fine cover was a bit nerve-wracking, but after that, it was a smooth simple install.

BigAbe75

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Yes I have purchased 3 hangtytes, all from iboats I think. They came with the paper you see above. That paper is actually part of the packaging as you can see that it folds in half. Installing is not that complicated and you can make a trace based on the plastic itself so I wouldn't sweat it to much. I'm sure you can download the template or call them and they will email it to you.

The ones you received look like someone returned and they repackaged them. They look brand new to me though. I paid $40 a piece for the three I use. 1 for the front, and 2 for the back on my 2010 212x. Been using them for about 4 years and they work great. They are not to be used during towing as it puts additional stress on your cover and will cause it to rip sooner than you would like. I've been able to keep my cover going for 10yrs but I may be out of luck this year as it's getting a little thin.
Curious to see a pic of your 2 in the back. Where'd you put them? Too late for me to change, and I've been getting along fine with 1 in the rear and 1 in front. But, not too far away from needing another cover, probably.