• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Mooring cover with out poles!

0627Devildog

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Classifieds Moderator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Are you requesting a picture? Boats with a front facing tower can probably get away with two. They are 39.99 at boats.net. I don't think it was worth it but I have it set up now.
Just more info, never heard of it.

swatski

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Are you requesting a picture? Boats with a front facing tower can probably get away with two. They are 39.99 at boats.net. I don't think it was worth it but I have it set up now.
Correct!
Two sets work great in my 2016 AR240. In fact, the system works amazing - after half a season of heavy use. I would never go without a system like it in the future.
When on a lift, or wet slip, I start by hanging up the two hangtytes cords over the tow point (both w/pre-set length), and then just drape the cover over the bow and proceed backward, exit from the swim deck and zip-up/ratchet the cover. Done!

Worth every penny.

--

seanmclean

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Hangtyte is definitely worth every penny. In fact, I'd probably spend twice as much if I had to, now that I have it. I can have the cover on by myself in the slip in 3-4 minutes. The most time consuming part is just having to redo the dock lines.

Weeb

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Hangtyte is definitely worth every penny. In fact, I'd probably spend twice as much if I had to, now that I have it. I can have the cover on by myself in the slip in 3-4 minutes. The most time consuming part is just having to redo the dock lines.

+1

COtoFLsurf

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
+1 on Hangtyte, don't have it on my Yamaha but had it on my previous wakeboats, easy to install, easy to use, effective, and yes I towed with it. Good stuff.

foozed

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SD
Boat Length
Anyone using hangtyte on a 25 series yet? 252sd specifically - wondering if I need 2 or 3 hangtytes.

BigAbe75

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Anyone using hangtyte on a 25 series yet? 252sd specifically - wondering if I need 2 or 3 hangtytes.
What does the tower look like? I would say just 2... one for the bow and one for the cabin. The transom area will probably slope on it's own pretty good doesn't it? How many poles did the cover come with? Same number of HangTyte's as you have non-pooling poles would be my suggestion.

Love it on my 242.

d_coyne1984

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
If would say put one anywhere the factory has a support except the bow. I would keep the pole for that. There might be too much angle for a hang hangtyte to work there.

scbruet

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SE
Boat Length
My hangtyte just arrived. Can't wait to get them on this week and ditch the annoying poles. I only have 2 for the 25se right now, so hopefully thats enough. Will let you know if I see any issues.

BigAbe75

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
My hangtyte just arrived. Can't wait to get them on this week and ditch the annoying poles. I only have 2 for the 25se right now, so hopefully thats enough. Will let you know if I see any issues.
It’s nerve wracking cutting a hole in an $800 cover, but I’m glad we did it. We also used some anti-fray gel from the wife’s sewing kit in the areas we cut.

2kwik4u

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Can you tow with the Hangtyte system in place? I feel like this has been asked and answered, but I can't find it with a search. I have having to pull the cover off, get in the boat, and put the poles in place under the cover, then climb back out and "reseal" the cover after towing. Would be nice to be able to tighten/loosen these from the side of the boat after a tow, or when towing in the rain.

Any thoughts from owners?

scbruet

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SE
Boat Length
It’s nerve wracking cutting a hole in an $800 cover, but I’m glad we did it. We also used some anti-fray gel from the wife’s sewing kit in the areas we cut.
Haha yeah for sure. My wife is handy with that stuff, so she's going to do the cutting. Good call on the anti-fray gel. I will use that.

seanmclean

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Can you tow with the Hangtyte system in place? I feel like this has been asked and answered, but I can't find it with a search. I have having to pull the cover off, get in the boat, and put the poles in place under the cover, then climb back out and "reseal" the cover after towing. Would be nice to be able to tighten/loosen these from the side of the boat after a tow, or when towing in the rain.

Any thoughts from owners?
I generally tow uncovered, but have towed with the cover on and hangtyte in place probably 10-12 times, it's fine from my perspective. No extra wear.

BigAbe75

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
I agree. Towed 2 times with it on this year. 5-6 hours round trip both times. First trip I had a tube in the bow to support the cover. I loosen both front and rear cables as much as I can. 2nd trip, I didn’t use the tube. Kind of wish I had, just because I don’t like how it looks so sucked down (I was previously a poles up guy)… but the cover / hangtyte doesn’t seem to have cared one way or the other.

HangOutdoors

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Oversized beach balls front and back works great with mooring covers.

BigAbe75

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length

HangOutdoors

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Amazon.com : Giant Beach Ball

There are 36, 42, 48 and 6'. I got the idea from some threads here on the forum. I tried the 36" but unless I used two, one on each seat up front it seemed low, so I went to the 48" right in the center. Works great. But when you uncover in the staging area and there is a wind you may have to go chase it in the lake from the boat.... Ask me how I know :)

Thought about using two 48" side by side and not inflating them totally, but never got around to it.

BigAbe75

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Amazon.com : Giant Beach Ball

There are 36, 42, 48 and 6'. I got the idea from some threads here on the forum. I tried the 36" but unless I used two, one on each seat up front it seemed low, so I went to the 48" right in the center. Works great. But when you uncover in the staging area and there is a wind you may have to go chase it in the lake from the boat.... Ask me how I know :)

Thought about using two 48" side by side and not inflating them totally, but never got around to it.
And you do the same in the rear too? I really haven’t been too concerned about the rear. I just hate seeing all that pressure in the front.

HangOutdoors

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Yes I have. But just on super long trips.