• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

More water into the changing room :(

Roadapple

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Got my boat back yesterday. Dealer decided not to install a bilge pump in center storage area, installed a float type bilge in engine compartment adjacent to existing bilge. They discovered a 1/2” gap at the partition between the gas tank and storage area- sealed that and now I’m dry.

Attachments

Grover70

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Deluxe
Boat Length
Got my boat back yesterday. Dealer decided not to install a bilge pump in center storage area, installed a float type bilge in engine compartment adjacent to existing bilge. They discovered a 1/2” gap at the partition between the gas tank and storage area- sealed that and now I’m dry.
I've got the same thing going on there too with the partition. It's removable to get to the gas tank. In fact, I've removed mine to clean out that area after a spill. It's not meant to be sealed and you can look at any other FSH and it's built the same way.

Here's what you see if you look through the drain plug in the engine compartment - The fuel tank (thanks to my endoscope camera):
IMG_2334.JPG

This is what's under the fuel tank looking forward from under the engine drain. This is the bilge. Both of the drain plugs in the changing room lead here, but not the engine/fuel compartment drain plug.

IMG_2337.JPG

If you close off the drain plugs in the changing room the water will no longer be able to drain past the sides of the fuel tanks to the drain plug that enters the engine bay...this sets up another problem. If you leave the drain plugs in the changing room open, water in the bilge can come up into the changing room as the boat pitches. Here is the gap between the secondary hull and the gas tank after I moved the partition to take a pic. Behind the tank is the drain plug that reveals the green label shown above. What you've got in the now is basically a big interior bathtub with two closed drains.

IMG_2339.JPGIMG_2340.jpgJust like the diagram you were sent.

Roadapple

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
My dealer checked with Yamaha prior to sealing the fuel tank/center storage area and got their blessing. I’ve been fishing for two days straight and no water leakage into the center storage area. Their fix seems to have solved the problem.

JDinfla

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Grover70 knows much more about where water goes in this boat then anybody your dealer talked to at Yamaha. IMO.

Grover70

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Deluxe
Boat Length
Grover70 knows much more about where water goes in this boat then anybody your dealer talked to at Yamaha. IMO.
I'm humbled. Thanks.
Following the route of spilled pee from an unsecured changing room porta-potty helps narrow down where water goes in this tub... :dead:
Safe travels (and secure that head!)

Brian A

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
I have replaced the rear drain plugs, pulled all thru hulls and re-sealed them, changed the drain plug in the anchor compartment, re-sealed the drain for the front cooler and it appears for now that i have no other water problems. Keep in mind that you have to plug the drain in the bait bucket storage area because it drains into the hull. The hull will not completely drain because the rear drain plugs are not located low enough on the hull. The bilge pump will not pull all of the water out either because it does not set in the lowest part of the hull.