• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter
  • Announcing the 2024 Jetboat Pilot 10th Annual Marine Mat Group Buy for JetBoaters.net members only! This is your best time to buy Marine Mat from JetboatPilot - you won't get a better price - 30% Off! Use Coupon Code JETBOATERS.NET at checkout.

So if you are tired of stepping on really hot snaps/carpet, or tired of that musty carpet smell - Marine Mat is the best alternative out there! Get in on this now, or pay more later!

You only have until September 30th to get in on this.....So Hurry!

You can dismiss this notice by clicking on the "X" in the upper right corner>>>>>>>>

Most economical Mods?

I saw this on a tv show named hack my life. Basically split part of a pool noodle and place the result on the lip of a bucket to create a padded porta porta potty. One improvement I would make would be to put a plastic bag in the bucket first. I jury rigged one with some scrap noodle I had in the garage.

image.jpg

@BigN8 .... personally looking at the unit, price features, functionality, I think you just STOLE a great deal.
I nominate this as "Deal Of the Week" !
Nice find. Hey ! Keep it goin' ..... Always good wishes your way, Mikey Lulejian - Lake Oconee, GA

0% Off - X1 - sm SMALL.jpg

LED2.JPG
Less than $50 for all the parts. I say thats pretty cheap!

@BigN8 .... personally looking at the unit, price features, functionality, I think you just STOLE a great deal.
I nominate this as "Deal Of the Week" !
Nice find. Hey ! Keep it goin' ..... Always good wishes your way, Mikey Lulejian - Lake Oconee, GA

View attachment 18276
Thanks buddy!!

I just ordered this head unit to replace the factory piece of &@#$! It's pretty economical and has great reviews.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B006ZZYKWS/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

@BigN8 Let me know what you think about this head unit after you get it installed. I am trying to decide whether to get something like this or a Fusion HU. Big difference in price. Unfortunately, my boat is not like my truck...not in it everyday. Hard to justify the cost. I still have the original HU and added this BT transmitter/receiver for $40 ( http://www.amazon.com/dp/B0085HOM4K...UTF8&colid=3QBVY3OUVS1D2&coliid=IMX4OIXLPGB74 ) to have BT connectivity for music. Works really well and sounds good with my Polk speakers and MBQuart amp. Only drawback is it has to be recharged after a days use.

Here is a pic of the setup and one of my cheap mods.
IMGP1567.JPG

Plastidip your trailer...40 bucks

This reminds me of this infomercials that Show a filthy car with a scratch, put on a little scratch repair paste, and Presto! The entire car looks like it just came out of the showroom. The cleaning of the car enhances the perception of what the scratch paste actually does.

In these pics, those sexy mag wheels do the same thing. . . . makes me want to plasti-dip my trailer.

@BigN8 Let me know what you think about this head unit after you get it installed. I am trying to decide whether to get something like this or a Fusion HU. Big difference in price. Unfortunately, my boat is not like my truck...not in it everyday. Hard to justify the cost. I still have the original HU and added this BT transmitter/receiver for $40 ( http://www.amazon.com/dp/B0085HOM4K...UTF8&colid=3QBVY3OUVS1D2&coliid=IMX4OIXLPGB74 ) to have BT connectivity for music. Works really well and sounds good with my Polk speakers and MBQuart amp. Only drawback is it has to be recharged after a days use.

Here is a pic of the setup and one of my cheap mods.
View attachment 18306
Will do. May be a few weeks before I actually do the install.

Hey, can someone send me the link to the Stoltz bow roller that everyone is using? Would love to add this mod as I'm driving 1400 miles in May to the keys. Hate to see the bow get beat up any more.

LED's....spent more on the 12 pack than I did on supplies. Seriously!! Light strips were $4...switches $2 both purchased through amazon. Now, I did have to wait a little since they came from China but they work perfectly...just look at my avatar.

Get the 4", I am in the middle of the return process with Amazon. Learned that the hard way, haha.

@OrangeTJ...about 3 hours total, prep and paint. I clean the trailer thoroughly with a citrus degreaser and wash off residue. Then tape everything not needing paint. Spray the first coat on. By the time you get the first coat on you can go back to where you started and start the the 2nd coat. I continue this for 4-5 coats.

I put those little LED puck lights with motion sensors that are battery powered you find at COSTCO into the head compartment and compartment behind the console. for under $20 bucks we can now see in there.

image.jpg
Another cheap noodle mod. A short piece on the end of the electrical cord when charging batteries keeps it from falling before plugging in yet still allows it to pull free should I ever get too excited and pull the boat out of the garage without disconnecting. Have you ever seen someone drive off from the gas station with the nozzle still in their car? I couldn't stop laughing when I saw it; but that was only after I flinched when the disconnect broke away!

Back