• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter
  • Announcing the 2024 Jetboat Pilot 10th Annual Marine Mat Group Buy for JetBoaters.net members only! This is your best time to buy Marine Mat from JetboatPilot - you won't get a better price - 30% Off! Use Coupon Code JETBOATERS.NET at checkout.

So if you are tired of stepping on really hot snaps/carpet, or tired of that musty carpet smell - Marine Mat is the best alternative out there! Get in on this now, or pay more later!

You only have until September 30th to get in on this.....So Hurry!

You can dismiss this notice by clicking on the "X" in the upper right corner>>>>>>>>

Most economical Mods?

Slick magnet trick! :winkingthumbsup"

I just did this one today. $5 at Ikea for the shoe organizer (cut it down to 2 rows), a couple misc SS screws/washers, some cable ties and adhesive hooks for the bottom to anchor it and boom I have a more organized closet.

.IMG_20140427_144907_648.jpg

Dressed up stock steering wheel by painting black center with silver wheel paint. Just trim a VERY tiny bit of the black rubber with xacto where it meets to remove the spray from the rubber edge. I was scared to do it but it turned out great. Also $1 LED bulbs to replace instrument lighting. The needles really glow!
image.jpg image.jpg

Just added a third grab handle to the bow area. I have to give credit to my wife for the idea... mod request. The kids love sitting on the filler cushion front and center by the bow step. $9 Atwood at Academy matches existing. I had the SS hardware on hand. 1/4 stainless screws with rubber washer, metal washer and nylon locking nut. Nylon rear platform handle is also at Academy for $8. I already spent more on the OEM (same) a few years ago.
image.jpg

The $20 traction mat kit for the stepover from the swim deck to the cockpit is a great one if you have small kids. EZ Locks on the clean out plugs was a cheap and easy way to gain some peace of mind. A Stoltz bow roller is a cheap way to protect the finish at the bow. As previously mentioned, stuffing pool noodles into the table legs keeps those from sinking to the bottom. My favorite free mod was to remove the vinyl graphics from the side of my boat. Cobra fins were a nice addition, but not really "cheap". Next mod will be to the stereo, but that won't be cheap, either!

Another vote for Stoltz bow roller here!

Dressed up stock steering wheel by painting black center with silver wheel paint. Just trim a VERY tiny bit of the black rubber with xacto where it meets to remove the spray from the rubber edge. I was scared to do it but it turned out great. Also $1 LED bulbs to replace instrument lighting. The needles really glow!
View attachment 5907 View attachment 5908
I'm curious where you got the LED bulbs for the instruments. I would really like to do this with mine.

Veve Guides and CE Smith lighted tops. . . . . While not exactly "Cheap" they saved my hull at least 3 times this year at shitty ramps.

20140525_222117-jpg.6260

I just did this one today. $5 at Ikea for the shoe organizer (cut it down to 2 rows), a couple misc SS screws/washers, some cable ties and adhesive hooks for the bottom to anchor it and boom I have a more organized closet.

.View attachment 4727

I have this, just need to install. . . . . Love this mod.

Pool noodle mods
Traction mat on stern step-over
and of course, the #1 cheapo mod, Jolly Roger themed bottle opener!!!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    88.4 KB · Views: 43
One of my pool noodle mods is to use it as a trailer saver so the kids bikes don't ding it to death.
savemytrailernoodlemod.JPG
To do this you need the super wacky noodle that has the big hole in the middle.
super_wacky_noodle_3826.jpg

Before we got back into boating we rode sidexsides and the forum I frequented then had this thread...Post up your best and cheapest mods (preferably with photos).
Putting $$$ into a savings account @ a credit union or S & L ! .............. LOL !
Mikey Lulejian - Lake Oconee, GA

One of my pool noodle mods is to use it as a trailer saver so the kids bikes don't ding it to death.
View attachment 13654
To do this you need the super wacky noodle that has the big hole in the middle.
View attachment 13653
Lol, I initially thought the noodles on the trailer were to protect the kids from getting hurt should they bump into it. Silly me, I scolded my kid just the other day for stepping all over the trailer just for the purpose of leaving his footprints on it.

I'm curious where you got the LED bulbs for the instruments. I would really like to do this with mine.
@scot71 Amaz0n search for "8x T10 194 168 501 4-smd 3528" should do the trick. It was a little tricky to reach up and do the twist and pull on the tiny holders holder but still SUPER easy. I recall a little trial and error on the first light up (direction of install might matter with the diodes). Three worked right away. I had to fiddle with one. It has worked great ever since. Plenty of spares left over.

I'd say my Perfect Pass System.

It wasn't the cheapest, but divorces do cost way more.

Back