• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Mounting Lowrance transducer on twin engine w rudder

r1pilot

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I have searched all over and cannot find any pictures or information for mounting a Lowrance transducer on the transom of a twin engine Yamaha rudder boat. I tried mounting it thru-hull in a toilet bowl ring and that didn't really work as well as I had hoped. I have purchased the Stern Pad to use for mounting. This way, I shouldn't have to put any holes in the boat.

I've seen a few people who've mounted them on the ride plate but i'm looking at using the Stern Pad and mounting on the transom. Right now I plan to mount on the starboard side, low enough where it stays in contact with the water.

Anyone else go through this and have pictures of where they mounted theirs?

Thank you in advance.

yam240sx

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
i am also interested in this ... looking for a gps/depth/fish combo and was looking at through hull transducers ....

Rufito

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
255XD
Boat Length
I was having a Garmin 547xs installed and the installer said that the transducer would not work well with the twin engines due to close proximity to the jets. Any suggestions on the stern placement on a Yamaha 240 SX H.O. Any comments would be appreciated. Anyone who has had a stern mounted transducer with a twin engine jet and has not experienced any problems, I would really like to know exactly where it was placed and the type of stern mounted transducer.

r1pilot

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
4C4D2CEA-C4BE-43DE-82E8-422688C49D00.jpegF4C7E2F3-E8EE-444B-B52A-2D7727741C50.jpeg
Here is where I ended up putting mine although I moved it all the way to the right on the pad. It works and reads well up to about 25 mph, after that it continues to read bottom and temp but I have to slow down to really see fish.