• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Moving boat around with lawn tractor

njmr2fan

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length

zipper

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boston Whaler
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
This is my new tractor that I bought recently, decided to get my grading business in full swing and upgraded to a larger enclosed cab tractor. I think I can move just about any boat with this tractor.

View attachment 54433
@AZDANSX230HO Nice Kubota, which model, once you have experienced an air conditioned/heated cab it hard to go back. I have the same box scrapper.

AZDANSX230HO

Passed Away
In Memoriam-RIP
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
@AZDANSX230HO Nice Kubota, which model, once you have experienced an air conditioned/heated cab it hard to go back. I have the same box scrapper.
@zipper It's a 2017 Kubota Grand L Series L4060HSTC 4x4 42 HP Diesel, I had full hydraulics (3 remotes) added to the rear for top n tilt and the ripper teeth. One of the reasons I cut back on grading work with my previous Kubota L3800 was the open cab, the older I get I cannot take the outdoor heat and the heat coming off the engine, then add in dust and allergies made it miserable for me to work. I am loving the enclosed cab with air conditioning/heat, it's like shitting in high cotton Lol.

zipper

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boston Whaler
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Why not? I use mine all the time and it works great. Still have trailer brakes and I just use the lock out pin to back up. I even have to back up a grade. Now my rhino is nowhere near stock motor wise but I don't think it would have an issue either way.
I store the boat in a "horse arena" with a loose sandy floor, no hard surfaces to make things roll easily, I have tried it and did not like the stress it put on the Polaris. I will use the Kubota to move around the farm buildings and the truck when I go on road. Also the only flat spot on my farm is that arena floor, any where outside is slopped. When you live off a road named Hardscrabble, you expect it.;) But glad to see you have success moving yours around.

Last edited:

YamahaForMe

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
@YamahaForMe, don't feel bad. I once watched a diesel mechanic neighbor bring a small backhoe home from work. He parked his truck on an uphill slope in the culdesac then proceeded to back the tractor off of the trailer. Before the tractors wheels hit the ground the trucks rear tires came off of the ground. Truck, trailer backhoe and neighbor all rolled across the culdesac, over the curb, over the mailboxes and over a wooden fence that brought it to rest inches before hitting a house.
I'm pretty sure the curb would have stopped me from hitting the house on the other side of the street. :D

Most "lawn tractors" mowers do not have 3 pt. hitches,
Both my dad's 8 HP and my 14 HP garden tractors had three point hitches. Built a little cultivator for mine to help with the finish grading at my first house.

maboat

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Most "lawn tractors" mowers do not have 3 pt. hitches, you clearly have something a little bigger.
Both my dad's 8 HP and my 14 HP garden tractors had three point hitches. Built a little cultivator for mine ...
The OP asked about a "Lawn" Tractor. A "Garden" Tractor is a different animal even thought they may look similar. By definition, a "Garden" tractor is needed when "ground engaging" equipment is used (like that cultivator you built ;) )
Most ground engaging equipment uses a 3 point hitch so most "Garden" tractors will have them but "Lawn" tractors will not.

Last edited:

YamahaForMe

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
The OP asked about a "Lawn" Tractor. A "Garden" Tractor is a different animal even thought they may look similar. By definition, a "Garden" tractor is needed when "ground engaging" equipment is used (like that cultivator you built ;) )
Most ground engaging equipment uses a 3 point hitch so most "Garden" tractors will have them but "Lawn" tractors will not.
My point, exactly!!

Hannibal

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
It can be done as the ball is usually right at the rear wheels so very little leverage. Just be careful. A friend was backing his boat into his garage years ago and the prop (not a problem for us) got caught on the concrete ramp to the garage. This pushed the boat up onto him and pinned him between the bow and the steering wheel. He knew he was hurt and his wife drove him to the ER. He bled out internally and died from a crushed liver before they could fix him up.

buckbuck

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Wow, that is a sad short story.

CDENsomnia

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Its not the best hyperlapse but you get the idea...

chess

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Given that the boat on the trailer weighs about 10 times more than the lawn tractor I think that is a bad accident waiting to happen but someone here built a small RC contraption that moved his boat soooo. More than anything be careful of the tongue weight and make sure you can stop. I do bet a large ATV could do it.
ATV's can easily... I see them on the smaller boats and jetski's.

Also, the dealership I went too basically had a tractor, obviously because they move 24 ft boats etc...

maboat

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length