• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Mr1 ecm

bronze_10

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Sooo after our bimini adventure with a bad engine crossing I am sitting in the passenger set as my bad ass wife whips this semi sized rig through Jacksonville florida like she owns the road looking at my phone researching ecm. What are my options for this ecm if determined that's the problem which I am pretty sure it is. Is a new one at 1200 bucks my only option? Can they be repaired and if so is it worth it? I know I could buy a used ski or something but not sure that's the Wyatt I wanna go.. Any thoughts?

Scuba_ref

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
At one point on this very forum there was a link to a company that repairs them. Not sure where it is at the moment, but if you incline your seat a little, compliment your wife and then start searching I bet you'll find it before I do!

Scottintexas

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
@Ronnie had issues with having his repaired

He had a couple posts but I don't think it was either of those two

McMark

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Isn’t it something like carmo? That does the eco repairs.

Scott griffith

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SR
Boat Length
I have used carmo twice and had no problems u get the see warranty with them as u do with a new one and the turn around is very quick if you had the common injector problem then tell them to go ahead and change all four of the injector ports and u will be all good

bronze_10

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I have used carmo twice and had no problems u get the see warranty with them as u do with a new one and the turn around is very quick if you had the common injector problem then tell them to go ahead and change all four of the injector ports and u will be all good
No problems with it? How much did it cost? I will prob do both before next year.

Ronnie

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I used carmo, a little strange in that I mailed from sf area north 200 miles to Chico. When I got it back from Chico it was in a box within a box and the inner box came from Europe, can’t remember exactly where but possibly the netherlands. Anyway mine came was there and back within 3 to 4 weeks of me sending it to them. Its cover was drilled with 20 or so small holes which were filled with plasti dip like material/tape. The told me mine was u repairable. So only I was only out the $30 in shipping costs plus $70 for the diagnostic services. If they could have fixed total would have been under $350. Of you use carmo check there site to see if they have repaired you model before. FYI They list or listed a lot of motorcycles ecu that they have repaired to.

Wisefam22

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
@bronze_10 give me part number I'll check price on new one from Yamaha. Will be cheaper then at a dealer.

bronze_10

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I used carmo, a little strange in that I mailed from sf area north 200 miles to Chico. When I got it back from Chico it was in a box within a box and the inner box came from Europe, can’t remember exactly where but possibly the netherlands. Anyway mine came was there and back within 3 to 4 weeks of me sending it to them. Its cover was drilled with 20 or so small holes which were filled with plasti dip like material/tape. The told me mine was u repairable. So only I was only out the $30 in shipping costs plus $70 for the diagnostic services. If they could have fixed total would have been under $350. Of you use carmo check there site to see if they have repaired you model before. FYI They list or listed a lot of motorcycles ecu that they have repaired to.
I searched their site yesterday while my wife was driving and I found 08 sx230 modle listed in their description as one of the engines they repair.

bronze_10

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
@bronze_10 give me part number I'll check price on new one from Yamaha. Will be cheaper then at a dealer.
I'm not sure what the part number is.. We drove in last night at 1205 am drive the truck and trailer straight into the driveway, (no backing it in ) and walked inside. Lol. I'm gonna have to work yo get the fam to help me get it all cleaned up today. Once that's done I will try to start looking at the engine. Prob Monday. I looked on yamaha on yamaha sports plaza. Com yesterday and to my surprise there were several different types of 08 sx 230. Excluding the car modes there are,

Stx230Cg, stx230Dg, stx230eg

I don't know what the letters at the end mean. They may all use the same ecu.

Ronnie

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Another thing to keep in mind is that the ecm does not have to be the exact part number that you currently have. If you get one for the same hp engine that should work. This is per the jet ski rental company owner and repair guy I sold my a man fx cruiser with a bad ecm to. He called after the sale to confirm that a different part number ecm from a different year ski worked In The one I sold him. In your case one from any 230 ho 160 ho powered boat or similarly powered fx wave runner should work. Still, If you end up going used buy one that is refundable.

boudin

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length

Ronnie

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
My buyer said he took one out of annother year ski and it was plug and play.

boudin

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Would not surprise me if both ECUs had the same flash--maybe Yamaha kept two part numbers to reserve the right for minor differences if needed. Would be interesting to put YDS on the Waverunner ECU after it's been run on the boat for a while to see if any error codes are thrown.

Unfortunately the used FXHO ECUs don't seem to be cheap on eBay either.

-Greg