• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

MR1 fouled plugs/ECM issue

dgfreeze

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Not to derail the point of this discussion, but I’ll say this - if you sell your old faulty ECU, let me know. I’d like to latch onto one as a backup sometime. Lol, that said, I’m a terrible salesman, so my recommendation is to buy a new one, get your old one repaired, and keep it as a backup. I mean…sell it to me….

Babin Farms

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Not to derail the point of this discussion, but I’ll say this - if you sell your old faulty ECU, let me know. I’d like to latch onto one as a backup sometime. Lol, that said, I’m a terrible salesman, so my recommendation is to buy a new one, get your old one repaired, and keep it as a backup. I mean…sell it to me….
Definitely keep it in mind if we go that route.

zipper

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boston Whaler
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Go new, not sure what you paid for the first fix, but if $475 you will have $950 in a used repaired part. Hey it's a B.O.A.T...sorry I had to. I just B.O.A.T. ed too, and that was a used part.

Last edited:

Babin Farms

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Just received an email

"Dear Mr. Babin,

Thank you for your order from Leaders RPM! We wanted to let you know that your order (#XXXXXXXXX) was shipped via USPS, USPS Priority Mail on 8/26/2022. You can track your package at any time using the link below."

Scuba_ref

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Just received an email

"Dear Mr. Babin,

Thank you for your order from Leaders RPM! We wanted to let you know that your order (#XXXXXXXXX) was shipped via USPS, USPS Priority Mail on 8/26/2022. You can track your package at any time using the link below."
I don't see the link below! I'd like to change the delivery address!

Babin Farms

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
ECM showed up and is installed. Engine runs good on the hose, no wake works and it sounds good. The true test will be this weekend. Going to put some serious hours on it and see what happens.
A9FEAD21-199B-490F-9ABF-92AF32A06A90.jpeg

buckbuck

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Just a note @Babin Farms
The engine hour on this new ECM will start at zero. If you want to accurately track hours make a note of the hours on the other engine and date the install.

Babin Farms

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Just a note @Babin Farms
The engine hour on this new ECM will start at zero. If you want to accurately track hours make a note of the hours on the other engine and date the install.
Yep, I've got the hrs wrote down and if all goes as planned I'm going to use a paint marker to make a note on the electrical box of the original hrs.

Babin Farms

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Took the boat out today and cruised from dam to dam (round trip +/- 55-60 miles) in pool 14 on the Mississippi and had no issues. Plan on taking it out again tomorrow and hoping for the same results.

Babin Farms

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Follow up on the repair.
I’ve had no issues and plenty of hours out on the water. After removing the ECM box from the engine bay a few times and needing help I plan on using some sort of nut anchor that is permanent so that it will be a one person job removing it. Hopefully I never have to though. I sold the old ECM that was not repaired to a forum member so that they could send it in for repairs and have a spare.

Last edited: