• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Mr1 life expectancy

swatski

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Am I the only one who thinks a 14 192 with 100hrs for $19k seems fishy?
Or... realistic. They probably paid about 26-27k, if not cosmetically perfect and they want to sell that could be a smart move.
Those supercharged 1.8s have a bit of a stigma (not necessarily well deserved in boats!) due to TC breaking, may be a bit harder to move?
I wouldn't think twice about buying it if everything else checks out.
Those 19fters are pretty awesome, impossible to beat on space and storage (in that class) plus minimal maintenance, easy towing. And they can fit in a garage!

--

bshell

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I did as well but I have spoken to the seller. Although there is a lack of response now.

bshell

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Opinions needed.
If I get the 230 checked out with compression check and a diagnostic to review the injectors. And get the scupper replaced with the stainless steel model and negotiate a sales price of 18,000. Would this be a good deal and a boat that I could expect to have five years of life out of , Then have the option to sell it again. Or, should I just wait to find an 07 or newer model that has less of a chance of water intrusion on the ECU.

Jgorm

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I wouldn't stress the water in the ecu. You could screw a piece of plastic shield over it in a minute. Doesn't seem like a bad deal.

bshell

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Just to update the 192 backed out and is no longer for sale. I am going to test the AR230this weekend and also look at a 2005 SX230 that is asking $16 and claims 60hrs but has never had it checked. Kinda scary because I would have it checked every time I serviced it. It does look very clean though.

mdwarchichoke

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Good looking boat. I wish mine had a tower some days. Sounds like that have kept it in good shape too.

bshell

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
It’s always a little scary buying a used boat but it really seems well kept. This guy also owns a corvette that goes over 200mph. So he is no stranger to keeping things running in top condition.

bshell

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Just talked to a jet tech company and now I am really worried about the ecm going out all of the sudden. Now I’m back in the fence. Is 300hrs on the verge of that happening and does that happen to most of these units? Also, is it less prone to happen in 07 and up models?

Beachbummer

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Less prone on 07+ but it's not related to hours...it's mostly related to water getting inside the ECM. If this really concerns you, you can have the tech crack open the computer box and check for water intrusion. from what I understand if it's Dry you are OK if it's wet, not so much.

bshell

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
So I pulled the plug on this deal and I’m now in the search for an AR192 for $20k or sow with less lower hours. Got a couple in my sights. I really appreciate all of the comments in here. They really help!

mdwarchichoke

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
After the kids are in college, I would love to have a 19 footer plus it fits in the garage. Well maybe with out a tower. Good luck on your search.

Crem8r

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SR
Boat Length
I've got an 07 SX230HO with 40 hours on it in VA. I dont know where you are, but I'm looking to get about 15k for it. Let me know if youre interested.
How far from Woodbridge Va?

Crem8r

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SR
Boat Length

PaulyB

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length

Crem8r

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SR
Boat Length
I'm mixed. I've had low compression on 2 different mr1s. 400hr on my 04 ar230 and i had to rebuild the heads on one of them. You can't buy a new motor, only a sbt rebuild with many questionable reviews on their quality. For reference I bought the 04 ar320 in December of 2016 for 14k. Great interior, freshwater only. Test drove fine, drove fine in my first drive, then wouldn't start. That's when i became a self proclaimed mr1 expert back yard mechanic. Check the compression on everything you buy!
Have you replaced your mr1 I ask because I need to my question is there are according to sdt 2 different fly wheels on that MR one that I need dimpled or slotted do you know if there’s a difference it doesn’t matter?

Crem8r

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SR
Boat Length
@bshell I’m also interested in compression test for a boat I’m looking at do you know what the compression should be been searching for the #s on here haven’t found yet your input please.
157 psi According to the manual the differences between the cylinders 14 psi either way