• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter
  • Announcing the 2024 Jetboat Pilot 10th Annual Marine Mat Group Buy for JetBoaters.net members only! This is your best time to buy Marine Mat from JetboatPilot - you won't get a better price - 30% Off! Use Coupon Code JETBOATERS.NET at checkout.

So if you are tired of stepping on really hot snaps/carpet, or tired of that musty carpet smell - Marine Mat is the best alternative out there! Get in on this now, or pay more later!

You only have until September 30th to get in on this.....So Hurry!

You can dismiss this notice by clicking on the "X" in the upper right corner>>>>>>>>

MTK Tower

tracerrx

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SS
Boat Length
Anyone out there have an after market MTK Tower installed on their boat?

Would love to hear any feedback. Specifically looking for a tower thats easy to fold, strong/steady, and can have a great bimini mounted. There is a dealer close to me, that I would probably let do a profesional install.

Will be adding it to my 2013, 212SS.

Be carefull with the MTK tower from Monster. I have heard from a bunch of reviews of it swaying, and not sturdy. Also something about rusting hardware.

Any other recommendations.... It must fold (Easily) as we keep our boat on a covered lift.

Just spoke with my local dealer, sounded more knowledgeable than I expected. Stated that he will only install MTK towers on certain boats, because if fiberglass mounting point isn't "Strong/Thick" enough that they shimmy. May be the first time that a dealer wanted to sell a less expensive tower, wants to see the boat first and verify that it's fiberglass and not composite, but thinks an MT2 or MTE tower may be a better fit for the yamaha than the MTK because they have more mount points.

Have 2 years on one, doesn't sway side to side, I put backer plates in, all installers should. due to the mounts being close to each other, it will move vertically less than a inch as everything tightens. but no side to side, or no front to back movement, wont rust, all hardware is aluminum or stainless steel

Back