• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Multi zone head units

spatty99

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
I would like to add a simple and clean way to separately control volume of both in the boat speakers (powered by the head unit) and tower speakers (powered by an amp via rca outs). My current in line rca adjustment going to the amp works, but is a little clunky and requires a lot of amp gain and/or fading one of the in boat channels. All the better if in boat sound is improved (but I don't want to mess with adding another amp).

The Fusion 650, 750, 755 look to fit (standard single DIN) and function exactly how I want. Any have experience with those, or other better or less expensive options?

veedubtek

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scout
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length

vxooxv

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I have the Fusion ms-ud755, the NRX300 swim deck control and MS-CBUSB3.5 (aux and usb adaptor). Not gonna lie, i liked it so much I actually put the same HU in my jeep wranger which never sees it's top.

Sure it's cheaper to add an EQ but I didn't want another device; I wanted a better device.

I absolutely love the zone control. I have my subs, tower and cabin all separated. The volume limit is also a plus - it helps if you a. have kids that like to play with the controls and/or b. have amps that if at full volume could blow your setup. I'm running all wetsounds. I will admit if you have a iphone (plus) model the uni-dock is probably a bit to small. When I upgraded to the X I gained use of this feature and it's very nice to have your phone charging, stored out of the elements and sourcing your audio. Add in the rear control and / or an apple watch and you're all set. I've seen folks run 4 cabins off the internal amp and get quite a bit more sound. IMHO do it!

If you need an adaptor - odin at earmark audio or jetboatpilot sell the adaptors.

spatty99

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Thanks all for the input. Went with the Fusion multi zone head unit. Found one of the last ms-ud 750 on clearance at West Marine for $449 and couldn't resist.