• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

My 2014 upgrades

Ronnie

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Good advice Glassman. I usually limit my mods to the off-season but getting into quad copters offset my schedule this year. I really want to hear the XM without interruption so I will probably put the other antennae in the new spot this summer, possibly on a temp basis. I will also replace the 3.5mm connection so that my guests and I can play music from their phones.

I clearly recall a beautiful day in late May where I was spending time working on the boat instead of boating and thinking WTF am I doing? I should be on the water. I didn't feel this way earlier this week because I just came back from camping on the water but could see myself falling back into that keep on modding mentality so thanks for the reality check.

On a related note, I heard some of my guests negatively commenting on other's boats this past weekend, while I didn't respond, I thought about my first jetski, it was nothing special, all stock and I didn't even own a trailer to transport it (used a truck/bed instead). I was just as happy on the water on that thing than (25+ years ago) as I am on the water now, in a modified version of Yamaha's flag ship. Boating does not have to be about the boat or its bells and whistles, I just have to remember that (as well as stay off this forum and YJB where there seems to be a new temptation everyday. I still envy your trim tab system by the way).

MNdrifter

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Someone get the little xray screen. I think Glassman's heart just grew 3 sizes.
Glassman in the hat.
Green eggs and jets

Ronnie

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I know I'm done with upgrades/mods for the season when I'm putting on decals like I did today. I also velcroed a digital thermometer to one engine cover and an hour meter to another. A few days ago I installed/glued the tower tow point nav light mount on, relocated two go pro mounts to it as well as an old/small xm radio antennae. I didn't bother do drill the tower for the XM lead this year, it and the addition of an amp (among other things) can wait until the next off season.
1 (1).JPG
1 (16).JPG

1 (21).JPG

Attachments

cane.mba

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Ok people look out... Ronnie's done doing upgrades, which means he's going to start researching upgrades for the offseason!!! Hide your wallets!

Glassman

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Ok, that's it. We need an intervention.

Here's the number for Yamaholics Anonymous 1-800-YAMAJET

He's O D ing on Mods!!!

Take away his American Excess Card !!!

If he doesn't stop, this is what his boat will look like next season:

da48eb4a0cb9ef290cf2122b91e6cd3e.jpg

Ronnie

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Ok, that's it. We need an intervention.

Here's the number for Yamaholics Anonymous 1-800-YAMAJET

He's O D ing on Mods!!!

Take away his American Excess Card !!!

If he doesn't stop, this is what his boat will look like next season:

View attachment 7870
I do like the shark teeth on the bow.

Glassman

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
you can buy them....

46869d1335113397t-help-me-find-shark-boat-graphics-sharkboat-jpg.jpg

I'd tell you where, but that would make me an enabler :p

cane.mba

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I'd love to find a PT boat and do a restoration! Talk about Mods!

lashburn1

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
MasterCraft
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
When Chubby Buddies won't come with you...

IMG_8816.JPG

Ronnie

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I'm sure this has been done before but while putting foam on the shaft of my sup paddle (trying to get it to float so I don't lose it like the first one) I found some roll bar foam (I.e., an over sized (in thickness) pool noodle) at pep boys and it fits perfectly around the newer table legs. It's pricey at $11 a piece but if it will get each (probably $100 +) leg to float it will be well worth it. I plan on exchanging the one pictured with a black one instead. I will also stuff each leg with foam from standards pool noddles.

image.jpg
image.jpg

Last edited:

Ronnie

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I just returned the can of great stuff I had this morning. I like the idea of being able to take the foam out easily if need be but was originally thinking of putting it I'm tuts me lets and lower part of the sup paddle.

maboat

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I just returned the can of great stuff I had this morning. I like the idea of being able to take the foam out easily if need be
Just curious, why would you ever need to take the foam out of the inside of the table leg?
I'm tuts me lets and lower part of the sup paddle.
o_O??????o_O

Ronnie

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I probably won't remove it but I want to keep the option open. I put great stuff in the hull on one of my rc boats once and had nothing but problems when I had to remove it to replace bad parts. Originally I was going to put great stuff in the table legs and the lower part of the sup paddle is how it was supposed to read.

I just exchanged the blue roll bar pad for a black one and got a dollar back, I didn't realize that the black pad is cheaper than the other colors.

Ronnie

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I had to cut the roll bar foam along the seam to install it on the table legs then I covered the seam with gorilla tape. Total time less than 10 mins, including a few to cut and stuff foam into the legs.
image.jpg
image.jpg

Ronnie

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
A member of yjb offered to take some baseline db readings of his 240 series boat that I could compare my post sound absorbing/deadening installation results to. Here are the important parts of that string.

SHodas said:
I took some readings though it was pretty windy in CT this past weekend.
At idle 67 db, at full wake 71 db, at 4500 and 6000 rpm, I got 92 db.
Readings were taken on the pad sitting on dash next to steering wheel and sitting on the pad where the little removable seat that sits on the engine cover. I added the rubber padding there that matches the rear deck.
I retook and recorded my DB readings this past weekend. To do so involved setting the recording length to 1 minute and flipping the phone upside down half way through to make sure I got the high reading.
Here are my results:
At idle 76 db, 77 db at no wake mode 3, 85 db at 4500 rpm, 90 db at 6500 and 97 db at WOT (7800 rpm).
It's hard to interpret my results as to why my boat would be louder than stock at the low end but quieter at the top end.

jonw9

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Glastron
Year
Boat Model
GTS
Boat Length
Perhaps your material has less low frequency response, so that sound may not have as much attenuation, and could possibly resonate someplace on the boat.

Also, for your sound comparison, were you using the same app on the same model phone, in the same location?
Also, maybe his wind compensated somehow, like increased the baseline so the delta was smaller?

Ronnie

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I used the same app at the same location, center window and door closed. The guy who got the baseline readings used a tablet whereas I used an iPhone, if I remember too I will try again with my iPad after verifying that is what he used. I will also ask if he had his window and door closed. Lastly I didn't take a reading at 6k rpm, i took it at 6,500 instead. I must have misread his baseline message. Overall I'm happy with the mod, I may add a few more strips of the two inch stuff to various places in the hull during the next off season but nothing as expensive or intensive as the initial install.

Dennis

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
anybody done a rhino lining or lineX to the galvanized trailer? don't think it needs it but maybe there is some good or reason to do, or not to do this. I am thinking it might giver it a better look.

After You

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
What size VeVe Guides did you put on the trailer? I'm thinking of adding them this winter.