• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

My 2015 Yamaha 242 Limited S

Williamsone46

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
255XD
Boat Length
2 3/8 and yea they're swivel.

RoughRider

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
@Williamsone46 I thought I had read elsewhere the tower is 2 7/8. But you said 2 3/8. I like you plan to powder coat racks and install on rear tower pole. What is the right size?

OperationROL

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
@Williamsone46 I thought I had read elsewhere the tower is 2 7/8. But you said 2 3/8. I like you plan to powder coat racks and install on rear tower pole. What is the right size?
The 242 LS tower is 2 3/8. The tower on the AR's is 1 7/8.

RoughRider

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Thanks @OperationROL for keeping me from buying the wrong thing. I continue to love this site

MattFX4

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
@OperationROL @Williamsone46 To you guys who have installed tower speakers on a 2015 and up 242, how difficult is it to run the wires through the tower? I am planning on installing my rev 10's soon, and trying to plan.

Williamsone46

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
255XD
Boat Length
@OperationROL @Williamsone46 To you guys who have installed tower speakers on a 2015 and up 242, how difficult is it to run the wires through the tower? I am planning on installing my rev 10's soon, and trying to plan.
It's super easy! I used a fish tape and it maybe took 10 min.... Maybe

Bennie

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I was about to recommend the same. Fish tape was/is an absolute life saver. If not for tool, that the job could've lasted much much longer.

Enjoy the new sounds!

OperationROL

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Agreed. I consulted @Williamsone46 before doing mine and this is the same suggestion I got. Also, note there is a slot at the bottom of the tower already, where the cabling for the tower lights, anchor lights and tweeters run. This slot makes it super easy to fish new wire. You will not have to do any drilling at the base of the tower. Moreover, get the right tower clamps. Like @Williamsone46 I got the JL's because they sound great but also because the clamps are "low profile" and mount over the wire hole in the tower. It makes it a clean install and you cannot see the wire coming out of the tower. I also got the clamps that swivel to ensure I can position the speakers perfectly since the tower has curvature that must be considered. Again, that was at the suggestion of @Williamsone46 .

MattFX4

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
@Williamsone46 @OperationROL @Bennie Thanks! So, I am assuming you took the speaker wire from both speakers down the same tube, and exited at the bottom where the existing tweeter and tower light wire exits? I got the Wet Sounds swivel clamps also which have the quick disconnect feature. Didn't want $1,300 worth of speakers hanging there for the taking. I haven't test fit them yet, so not sure if I am going to mount to the front tube, or the rear.

Williamsone46

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
255XD
Boat Length
@Williamsone46 @OperationROL @Bennie Thanks! So, I am assuming you took the speaker wire from both speakers down the same tube, and exited at the bottom where the existing tweeter and tower light wire exits? I got the Wet Sounds swivel clamps also which have the quick disconnect feature. Didn't want $1,300 worth of speakers hanging there for the taking. I haven't test fit them yet, so not sure if I am going to mount to the front tube, or the rear.
You'll run both wires through the starboard side of the tower. The Wet Sound speakers will hang down a little more but I don't think you should have a problem. The $1,299.00 JL kit is more than just the tower speakers. It's everything you need like wire, amps, connections, fuses and speakers.

MattFX4

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
You'll run both wires through the starboard side of the tower. The Wet Sound speakers will hang down a little more but I don't think you should have a problem. The $1,299.00 JL kit is more than just the tower speakers. It's everything you need like wire, amps, connections, fuses and speakers.
Ok great thanks. I already have a fishtape so sounds like it shouldn't be that bad.