• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

My 2018 AR195 Mods

jEt_jAk

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR195
Boat Length
Since I have completed (almost) all the mods that I wanted on my 2018 AR195, figured I would make a post here showing each mod and some insight on why. Some of them are a must have IMO.

Start with the tint, I am using 5% (Limo) tint. Not for everyone but I like the look and helps keep the dash (and my arms) cooler. Warning on this one, the curved glass caused A LOT of issues for the tinters. I tried 3 different tinters before I found one that could do it. One guy gave up half way through:
boat.jpg

tint.jpg

Next is the sound setup, I swapped the deck to a Kenwood marine, added 2 JL Audio tower speakers, 2 JL Amps, a JL subwoofer and also cut a vent hole for the sub. I also swapped out the USB ports (since they were not functional anymore) and added a Ritchie compass:
kenwood.jpg

amps.jpg

sub.jpg

vent.jpg

kenremote.jpg

tower speakers.jpg

Now for some performance mods. Some of these are must have (IMO). The Lucky13 was a must for this and greatly reduced the cavitation. The other mods gave it a bit more boost and higher overall RPM, but not huge difference. The blow off valve increases the life of the supercharger clutch (and sounds cool :)). The Ribbon delete is not for faint of heart on the newer AR195's with the plastic manifold, really debated whether or not I wanted to do it but decided to in the end and worked out well. Requires the entire manifold to be removed, which means fuel rail disconnect as well. The ribbon must be drilled out. I am using a USCG approved Riva Power Filter/spark arrestor (since I removed the ribbon I wanted to still be USCG approved). When I removed the manifold I also decided to tap in the vacuum hose for the blow off valve, but you can also T into the MAP line. Also the oil catch can to keep the intercooler cleaner:
lucky.jpeg

Blowoff.jpg

Filters.jpg

CatchCan.jpg

ribbon.jpg

I also swapped out the plastic pissers and bilge to something nicer, these look way better and the plastic ones were prone to breaking:
pissers.jpg

Steering mods up next, both of them IMO are a must. Most people know the JBP fins make a big difference, but if you have a 2018 or earlier (2019/2020 doesn't need it), the Lateral Thrusters make a huge difference for reverse and reverse turning, this completely changed the way I steer and manuevere under slow speeds:
thrustvector.jpg

lateral.jpg

Some other mods here include an onboard ProSport battery charger, also swapped battery to Odyssey AGM, decided against dual battery's due to the weight and just bring along a jump pack in case of emergency:
charger.jpg

Also added a Ram mount for phone holding. Ended up screwing it in since the suction cup kept falling off:
rammount.jpg

Of course cannot forget the Seadek, the carpet it came with got gross and hot, this is much better:
seadek.jpg

I also painted both the gas cap and the horn grill black:
gas.jpg

Now for some of the trailer mods. Of course swapped the bow roller to a Stoltz, you can also see the Keel Guard installed, this is a must have if you beach your boat.
roller.jpg

Swapped out the tires and rims for something nicer:
wheels.jpg

Also added Boat Buckles, these make loading and unloading so much easier. Think of it like a seatbelt that is permanently attached to the trailer:buckles.jpg

Swapped the trailer lights to LED. This includes the light bar and both left/right lights. Looks much nicer and no more replacing bulbs, I went through at least 2-3 bulbs before I did this, no idea why this does not come like this from factory. Shorline makes a plug in LED light for the left/right, but the bar required the wires to be cut and reattached:
lights.jpg

Modded the tower so it can drop lower to fit into garage, its a close fit but it works:
tower.jpg

Last but not least, cannot forget the spare tire mount and JB tire cover :thumbsup:
JB.jpg

Last edited:

jEt_jAk

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR195
Boat Length
Now with all that, I said that I ALMOST did all the mods. There are still 2 MODS I want to do. The first is change the stock trailer jack to the XO750. The one that comes with it honestly feels like junk that will break any moment. The second mod I still want to do is cut a door in the starboard side front helm. (Just like the portside) For some additional storage space.

Chris D

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I like the mods. Do have a link for the plastic pissers? Thanks

jEt_jAk

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR195
Boat Length
Do have a link for the plastic pissers? Thanks
Here they are, the pissers fit fine but for the bilge one you will have to make the hole slightly larger. I just used a dremel to sand it a bit larger:

jgourlie

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR192
Boat Length
Nice write up and I am liking all the mods that you did....Great looking boat!!

fvcoachv

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Since I have completed (almost) all the mods that I wanted on my 2018 AR195, figured I would make a post here showing each mod and some insight on why. Some of them are a must have IMO.

Start with the tint, I am using 5% (Limo) tint. Not for everyone but I like the look and helps keep the dash (and my arms) cooler. Warning on this one, the curved glass caused A LOT of issues for the tinters. I tried 3 different tinters before I found one that could do it. One guy gave up half way through:
View attachment 123390

View attachment 123384

Next is the sound setup, I swapped the deck to a Kenwood marine, added 2 JL Audio tower speakers, 2 JL Amps, a JL subwoofer and also cut a vent hole for the sub. I also swapped out the USB ports (since they were not functional anymore) and added a Ritchie compass:
View attachment 123374

View attachment 123365

View attachment 123382

View attachment 123388

View attachment 123373

View attachment 123386

Now for some performance mods. Some of these are must have (IMO). The Lucky13 was a must for this and greatly reduced the cavitation. The other mods gave it a bit more boost and higher overall RPM, but not huge difference. The blow off valve increases the life of the supercharger clutch (and sounds cool :)). The Ribbon delete is not for faint of heart on the newer AR195's with the plastic manifold, really debated whether or not I wanted to do it but decided to in the end and worked out well. Requires the entire manifold to be removed, which means fuel rail disconnect as well. The ribbon must be drilled out. I am using a USCG approved Riva Power Filter/spark arrestor (since I removed the ribbon I wanted to still be USCG approved). When I removed the manifold I also decided to tap in the vacuum hose for the blow off valve, but you can also T into the MAP line. Also the oil catch can to keep the intercooler cleaner:
View attachment 123376

View attachment 123366

View attachment 123371

View attachment 123369

View attachment 123379

I also swapped out the plastic pissers and bilge to something nicer, these look way better and the plastic ones were prone to breaking:
View attachment 123377

Steering mods up next, both of them IMO are a must. Most people know the JBP fins make a big difference, but if you have a 2018 or earlier (2019/2020 doesn't need it), the Lateral Thrusters make a huge difference for reverse and reverse turning, this completely changed the way I steer and manuevere under slow speeds:
View attachment 123392

View attachment 123375

Some other mods here include an onboard ProSport battery charger, also swapped battery to Odyssey AGM, decided against dual battery's due to the weight and just bring along a jump pack in case of emergency:
View attachment 123370

Also added a Ram mount for phone holding. Ended up screwing it in since the suction cup kept falling off:
View attachment 123378

Of course cannot forget the Seadek, the carpet it came with got gross and hot, this is much better:
View attachment 123381

I also painted both the gas cap and the horn grill black:
View attachment 123372

Now for some of the trailer mods. Of course swapped the bow roller to a Stoltz, you can also see the Keel Guard installed, this is a must have if you beach your boat.
View attachment 123380

Swapped out the tires and rims for something nicer:
View attachment 123407

Also added Boat Buckles, these make loading and unloading so much easier. Think of it like a seatbelt that is permanently attached to the trailer:View attachment 123368

Swapped the trailer lights to LED. This includes the light bar and both left/right lights. Looks much nicer and no more replacing bulbs, I went through at least 2-3 bulbs before I did this, no idea why this does not come like this from factory. Shorline makes a plug in LED light for the left/right, but the bar required the wires to be cut and reattached:
View attachment 123391

Modded the tower so it can drop lower to fit into garage, its a close fit but it works:
View attachment 123387

Last but not least, cannot forget the spare tire mount and JB tire cover :thumbsup:
View attachment 123405
DUDE! Where was all of this a couple months ago! lol Great boat man. I still stole as much as could from ya from pics. Thanks again for the heads up on the tinting problems.

jEt_jAk

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR195
Boat Length
Haha ya a bit overdue for this. Will update this thread when I get the other mods done.

2kwik4u

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Did you photoshop out the hull ID numbers in the top pic?

Also, did you end up doing the tint yourself or finally finding a shop to get it done?

Crob83

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR195
Boat Length
Got my tint job scheduled for July 16th here in Indianapolis. $450, seems like a fair price to me and they specialize in boats, which is a major plus! Going with the 5% as well

jEt_jAk

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR195
Boat Length
Haha Ya no hull ID numbers on that shot. For the tint I hired someone to do it. The curve in the glass was a major headache for him.

burgjp

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
awesome mods. i'm just lurking until i can purchase my 195. how does the blow off valve sound? i'd love to hear it.

jgourlie

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR192
Boat Length
Here is what it sounds like

That's really cool.....Just need to find a lower cost alternative to getting one of these shipped to Canada....probably have to wait till the border open's up.

dscable

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Got my tint job scheduled for July 16th here in Indianapolis. $450, seems like a fair price to me and they specialize in boats, which is a major plus! Going with the 5% as well
Where at in Indy if I can ask? I'm in Indy as well and interested in your experience.

jEt_jAk

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR195
Boat Length
Not sure this counts as a mod but why not :D Changed the cover screws to red thumbscrews and matching oil cap.

5857C75B-E598-413C-96C0-DC2E86FF00C9.jpegDA6B9984-6E25-4D00-B6C2-F1E5B5FFCB78.jpeg

MotoTundra

Reaction score
Boat Make
SeaDoo
Year
Boat Model
Speedster
Boat Length
Looks great. I love that color scheme!