• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

My 2020 FSH sport thread

mkbcaptain

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
How much did it quiet the engine noise?
I haven’t had it on the water yet since installing it. Hopefully if the weather is good, I’ll get out this afternoon a bit.
I suspect it’s going to dampen the noise a bit.
I also plan on adding some “egg crate” foam in a few places.
I will report back and let you know!

brian86992

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
I put some weather seal all around the engine hatch closure so the hatch seals down on it. Never ran the boat without it but that could help too.

Sea Dek looks great! I'm sure that's really nice on the bare feet on a long day.

mkbcaptain

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
I put some weather seal all around the engine hatch closure so the hatch seals down on it. Never ran the boat without it but that could help too.

Sea Dek looks great! I'm sure that's really nice on the bare feet on a long day.
Yea. It feels so Good! Hopefully I can get on the water this afternoon. I’m going to add some
Weather stripping to all the hatches in the back. I have it sitting in my garage, on the list. The battery compartment needs some foam too. When I open that with the engines running, it’s so loud!

Tailwaters

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Noise has been one of my biggest complaints. I can never hear anyone unless I turn the motors off. Seadek looks great.

Frank Marshall

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
If you plan on fishing, I'd Scotch Guard the Sea Dek. After many gruelling cleanings, I finally did. What a difference. Just wash it down and brush a spot or two and it's back to looking new.

mkbcaptain

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Went out last night. I didn’t notice any noise reduction as a result of the added seadek.
I’ll look in to the scotch guard. Thanks for the tip

mkbcaptain

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Went to the dealership today for my 20hr Maintenance, what a rip off. Lol
They changed out my spark plugs, said they looked dirty and that could have been causing the lack of RPMs. I will test later this week on the water. Other than that she is ready for the year! I still need to get around to moving the transducer. What a pita.

Dumbassbass

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Port Clinton, Ohio - Western Basin Lake Erie
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Went to the dealership today for my 20hr Maintenance, what a rip off. Lol
They changed out my spark plugs, said they looked dirty and that could have been causing the lack of RPMs. I will test later this week on the water. Other than that she is ready for the year! I still need to get around to moving the transducer. What a pita.
The dealers sure are proud of their incompetence! Please report back, I'm curious, plugs didn't help mine. After break in both engines would turn just under 8000rpm @ 43-45 mph then around the 15-20hr mark one day the port engine tops out at 7800rpm, starbord tops out at 7500rpm. @ 35-38mph. Changed plugs in both, made sure the throttles are right at the stops. Dealer says that's normal but my wallet has a different point of view for a 2020 investment.

mkbcaptain

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Yea. 7500 on both engines. Everything is “fine”…
I will report back

JASmith

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
These engines are phenomenally picky about the amount of oil in them. if you are running low RPM's on an engine try removing an ounce or two of oil. They like to be closer to the minimum oil than the maximum for performance.

Dumbassbass

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Port Clinton, Ohio - Western Basin Lake Erie
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
These engines are phenomenally picky about the amount of oil in them. if you are running low RPM's on an engine try removing an ounce or two of oil. They like to be closer to the minimum oil than the maximum for performance.
I'm going to give that a shot. I'll report either way once I do.
Thank You!

mkbcaptain

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Okay, I will try this as well, they are both sitting just a hair under the max fill line.

Bribo475

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length

brian86992

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
I had the same problem. I bought a 5' flexzilla in addition to the 3'. Now, both hoses exit out of the short hose side and the Y is outside of the hatch. The 3' is long enough to make a gentle loop and the 5' long enough to make across.

mkbcaptain

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
I also have a 210 FSH. I tried the 3' hoses like you have, but once I dropped them in the channels so I could close the cleanout hatch, they kinked up badly. Do the kinks work out once water is flowing? I was worried about restricting the flow, so I disconnected and ran as single hoses.
I ended up adding a 6” extension that you usually put on the facet side that has a spring around it so it doesn’t kink. But Brian’s solution would work too.

It makes the engine rinse process a breeze.
But honestly I think I’m going to bypass the stupid safety switches on the hatch! Lol

Bribo475

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Thanks, Brian! Helping another Brian out😊. I can return one of the 3’ hoses and get the 5’. Gotta love Amazon for easy returns.

mkbcaptain

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
So hot the boat out on Saturday and if anything I lost a few hundred RPMs. So it seems the plugs didn’t do anything. I didn’t get a chance to check the oil. That’s my next step.

Ggordon3321

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Picking up my brand new 210 FSH Sport here in 4 hours.
I can not being to express how excited it am!
It’s been a long time coming, I’ve been without a personal boat for 15 years; however I worked and trained on boats day in and out in that time and had friends with personal boats that filled the void. But now my boys are old enough and they have the urge. Of course this hunt started in feb right when COVID was looming and little did I k ow how hard it would be to locate a boat I actually wanted.
I was going to get the Scarab 255 OID, but that fell trough a few times. I made an off hand text to a buddy at a dealership that I wished he had a 210 FSH on order, he called me within seconds and said “One just came in and no one knows it’s here yet.”
I said “SHUT UP AND TAKE MY MONEY!!””!
I immediately ordered a Simrad Go-9 w/3-in-1 transducer, the seadek package from JBP, the cobra jet steering super magnum AK19 deluxe w/fangs and had the dealer install all said items. I also have on order the 10x14 trim tabs with ALC that I will install myself when they arrive. plans are to upgrade the stock speakers, add pods to the T-Top, vhf radio, MOB system, and lastly a ride steady system.
I will be posting lots of pictures here as I go and of the outings

I can’t say how beyond amazed I am of this community and forum for all the kindness and information I see on here. I appreciate any feedback and advice! Thanks for reading.
-Matt
Congratulations! I found a 2019 last year with 6 hours on the motors, 2 amps, sub woofer, wake tower speakers, and a Simrad Go9XSE. I’ve added Simrad Hali 20+ radar & RS100-B VHF, Rigid headlights, 4 white/blue spreader lights, Storz bow roller, and a light plug. Still have 6 year warranty on the motors. These are AWESOME boats, I leave from Texas to Florida tomorrow morning to head out to Bimini! Enjoy your baby!47B2CCB3-93BF-4327-A62B-17C1D432BB6F.jpeg24A64265-A1DB-43AF-9A3E-E6CD68D80A68.jpeg

brian86992

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Wow, someone really bought that boat, put in accessories and took it out one day! Great find. Where are you in TX?

Also, if that cooler is narrow enough to go under your seat but too tall there's seat risers you can purchase or go the DIY route like I did which is in my build thread in my signature.