• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

My 2020 FSH sport thread

mkbcaptain

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length

Attachments

Last edited:

mkbcaptain

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
4 new Kicker speakers are in, replaced the stock Jensens. Sounds so much better.
Once the amp gets here and the kit to install the pods with the 8” Kickers on the tower I bet it’ll sound amazing!

mkbcaptain

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Went out today. Boat is still not hitting 7800-8000 rpm. Dealer is about to get involved. Other than that it runs like a dream. I love love love the back swim deck area. So functional. Backing in to the sandbar and living the dream. Life doesn’t suck!
I think I’m going to look in to having a taller wind screen made. It’s just too short.
Im not sure the “automatic” bilge pump actually works, or works like I would want it to. It never seems to come on. And when I turn it on manually it pumps out a ton of water. I’ll investigate further.
New speakers sound great, I can’t wait to get the amp installed and the t-top pods. Pumped about it.
Going back out tomorrow.

Tailwaters

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
The location of the bilge pump and its operation is terrible. Unfortunately there simply needs to be a lot of water down there to activate

Tailwaters

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
By the way there is a test button on one end of the pump you can press to confirm the auto function is working.

motomandan

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
The bilge pump is at the lowest point in the boat when sitting still. Where it is in every boat

mkbcaptain

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
I will check the test button today. It does seem it’s at the lowest point yes, but auto function does not seem to be the best. Luckily the Jet boats I drove in the Corps trained me the ABC’s. Always be checking!

zipper

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boston Whaler
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
The bilge pump is at the lowest point in the boat when sitting still. Where it is in every boat
Not a 2020 FSH but...on my 07 Yamaha the bilge pump is mounted above a hole, in the sole, in the most aft engine bay grid compartment. That hole in the engine bay sole is several inches above the actual bilge where the bilge drain is. Many people add a second pump to the true bilge near the plug. Again, on my Yamaha, the lowest point of the hull, while afloat, is below the ski locker. I will see water down in the ski locker drain that the bilge pump will not get until you add weight to the stern causing the water to flow aft. I ended up putting a 350# ballast bag on the swim platform, while at the slip, to change the angle of the hull. that made all the water flow in the right direction. Which reversed the forward flow of deck/bilge water. I hope they did a better job designing the FSH. https://jetboaters.net/threads/rain-water-pools-at-front-of-bow-floor-while-on-the-water.14264/

Last edited:

mkbcaptain

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length

Tailwaters

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
The 190 had that issue as well. The bow sat lower and would hold water.the 210 doesn't seem to have that issue. Or at least I've not noticed it yet. But with that said it still sits a few feet ahead of the transom meaning there's always a couple gallons of water between the pump and drain plug. I suppose the location was based on accessibility, which I do appreciate.

JASmith

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Went out today. Boat is still not hitting 7800-8000 rpm. Dealer is about to get involved.
I'm real curious what you find out. I just did my 10 hour, filled just a little bit above minimum fill with the motor leveled front to back and the boat side to side, replaced plugs too and am only hitting about 7200 on both motors. I guess at least they are the same now? Before I was at 7400 and 7200.

Might have to look into the ribbon delete.

mkbcaptain

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Yea. I’ve got the throttle cables nice and tight and even, I checked the spacing on the plugs. Warmed the motors and checked the oil, All good. 7200 is max and with following wind and seas yesterday with 3 adults and a light load I hit 40mph.

brian86992

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
I'm in the same boat as you all with the speed/RPM. My motors only hit 8k RPM when they're cavitating while turning/accelerating. Otherwise they top about 7500. That's 42ish with three adults.

Silly question but the maintenance manual is hard to decipher, to check oil level you're measuring from the dip stick screwed in, right?

JASmith

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
I'm in the same boat as you all with the speed/RPM. My motors only hit 8k RPM when they're cavitating while turning/accelerating. Otherwise they top about 7500. That's 42ish with three adults.

Silly question but the maintenance manual is hard to decipher, to check oil level you're measuring from the dip stick screwed in, right?
It took me a while to find the answer on that as well, I ended up googling the correct method and the result I found was that you do not screw it all the way in when checking the oil on these motors, you pull it out, clean it, then insert it as far as it goes, but don't screw it in.

If someone has something that contradicts that I'm all ears though! If screwing it all the way in is the correct way, then perhaps I'm a few ounces heavy. I'm going to check again when I'm on the water with both methods and see what the relative difference is for posterity sake. I suppose it should just be the 1/4-3/8ths higher on the stick though.

mkbcaptain

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Okay, I think of got the solution so now I can fresh water/salt away flush both engines at the same time and no hassle with the hatch!
Cost me ~$20 ish

Attachments

mkbcaptain

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Amazon. Flexzilla. They are 3’

mkbcaptain

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length

mkbcaptain

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Battery charger/tender installed. ProMariner ProSportHD 12.
Also got the 8 channel, 1500 watt amp installed and temp wired to the kicker speakers. ITS SO LOUD. And sounds amazing!
Just waiting to install the Tower 8” speakers and the JBL-275 head unit when it gets here Monday.
Good things!

Attachments

Last edited: