• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

My 2020 FSH sport thread

Dixie Highway

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
Still have a ways to go. You’ll get there.

mkbcaptain

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Still have a ways to go. You’ll get there.
I tightened them back down to the point that there is zero play, oil is good. A still only 7200 ish

Dixemon

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Yeah mine hit around 7300-7400, I think it has to do with weight in the boat as well. 2 adults full tank, trolling motor + bats ect. I can run around 42, if I'm loaded down 6 adults coolers ect., I run about 32-36 maxed. Depending on wind and current.
Does your transducer read bottom at full speed in that hull position ?

mkbcaptain

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Yeah mine hit around 7300-7400, I think it has to do with weight in the boat as well. 2 adults full tank, trolling motor + bats ect. I can run around 42, if I'm loaded down 6 adults coolers ect., I run about 32-36 maxed. Depending on wind and current.
Does your transducer read bottom at full speed in that hull position ?
No. It does not read once on step. I think they mounted it way to high. Uhhg. Im Going to have to move it.
I had 2 adults and 2 kids. No trolling motor or anything. Just a cooler. Not reaching 7800-8000 rpm is the issue I think. Ill Keep tinkering with it.

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
It trailered like a dream those 80miles. In my Ram 1500 eco diesel I got 20mpg and didn’t even feel the boat back there.
I trailered mine home about 700 miles, same, like a dream, but my Power Wagon which doesn't have a diesel option got 8mpg 😂

Dixie Highway

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
Yeah just so you all know these should hit 7800-8000 rpm regardless of load. The load should only affect the speed. Also make sure your transducer sticks down 1/4” or so below the running surface of the hull. I read all the way up to full speed usually.

mkbcaptain

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
I will move the transducer this week. Just need to research what I need to patch the screw holes with and what I need to unsure it bonds and seals when I move it.
Second day going out yesterday was much more comfortable now that I am getting to know the boat. I am able to Splash and recover her all on my own with no assistance which is nice. I really think this is the perfect size boat for me. She comes on plane with the Cobra planing surface so fast it blows my mind, I love it!
Cruising around 6000 rpm and 28 mph seems to be the sweet spot and is plenty fast enough for my needs.
Got to the sand bar yesterday afternoon and was able to drop the bow anchor and set the aft anchor all myself, fairly easy. I WISH the bow anchor locker hatch opened from the side, supper annoying and not ideal the way it opens from fore to aft. I may look into modifying this down the road. It feels like someone designed it that has never spent a minute on a boat.
Still plenty of storage for my princess wife and all her "STUFF", with room to spare.
The other annoying this is the jump seat backs, particularly the one over the battery compartment. Very annoying that you cant open that hatch with the seat back installed. Prob be put in the garage never to be seen again.
I will for sure be adding speakers to the T-Top and the back of the boat, and replacing all the stock speakers. But I dont think I will add a sub. I dont need bass! The stock speakers sound okay is at the dock or sitting at the sand bar if you are in the front of the boat. But with the yamaha swim platform/lounge area they really missed the mark here. Almost cant hear the music back there. And if I'm on plane I at the helm cant hear it at all.
Lastly, the kill switches in the rear hatch where the flush-out ports are, is a big buzz kill. The flush-out procedure is really a PITA. I will be making a short "Y" hose with a 3-way valve to make this simpler. With the salt-away system I have to have my son "kink the hose, attach fitting to one side, start the engines, then let go. Kink the hose, burp the engines, the stop it, then open the hatch and do the other side. MUST BE AN EASIER WAY. I may actually goes as far as to bypass those kill-switches in some form or fashion. I know not to stick my hand in the jet clean out while the engines are on. I've made it this far in life without a babysitter! LOL
Lastly, at 6'1" I do wish the windshield was a little taller, but if I sit down I cant get behind it okay. It just not tall enough when I am standing up, which is how I like to drive.

I do really love this boat, I cant say that enough. I get a ton of "looks/stares" out on the water. People see a "T-TOP" then it has no outboards, and its throwing a giant stream of water out of the back. Its funny to see.

brian86992

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
I did the same thing with my seat backs. I put them in on the first trip out and they've been in the garage ever since. Which is ironic because it was one of the most asked-for updates with the 2020 MY.

I plan to do the same with a hose setup for flushing. With the kill switches and no-water-before-motor, the whole process is pretty clunky.

If you think people look at your CC inboard funny, wait until they see you surfing behind it :D I've gotten some funny looks and questions.

mkbcaptain

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
I did the same thing with my seat backs. I put them in on the first trip out and they've been in the garage ever since. Which is ironic because it was one of the most asked-for updates with the 2020 MY.

I plan to do the same with a hose setup for flushing. With the kill switches and no-water-before-motor, the whole process is pretty clunky.

If you think people look at your CC inboard funny, wait until they see you surfing behind it :D I've gotten some funny looks and questions.
HAHA yes, Can't wait, ordered two boards today, one for me and one for my son!

Had they made the seat-backs install on the deck/hatch, it would have been WAY MORE USABLE!

I forgot to mention that my port engine over heat alarm came on while fresh water rinsing, water was coming out as expected which was odd. Not sure why it did this?

Tailwaters

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
My new 2019 210 is running 7700-7800. Best speed I've seen has been 42mph. My 2016 190 hit 46 but the norm was 44mph. By the way just an fyi we were getting water in both storage lockers. Turned out there was virtually no caulk used from the factory. So when we washed the boat or it rained water would pour through the opening. Also discovered yesterday while cleaning the live well that the light was simply hanging by the wires. It was never attached with the a nut on the top side. Thus would explain the water in the bildge. I just scratch my head with some of these simple issues Yamaha has. I'm guest they only provide 1 tube of caulk per boat when assembling:)

mkbcaptain

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
My new 2019 210 is running 7700-7800. Best speed I've seen has been 42mph. My 2016 190 hit 46 but the norm was 44mph. By the way just an fyi we were getting water in both storage lockers. Turned out there was virtually no caulk used from the factory. So when we washed the boat or it rained water would pour through the opening. Also discovered yesterday while cleaning the live well that the light was simply hanging by the wires. It was never attached with the a nut on the top side. Thus would explain the water in the bildge. I just scratch my head with some of these simple issues Yamaha has. I'm guest they only provide 1 tube of caulk per boat when assembling:)
I will
Check those areas today, I haven’t noticed any water at all in the engine compartment. Haven’t even noticed my bilge pump come on once.
but I have noticed a bunch of “little things” my radio is installed with a slight “cant” As is my port tach gauge. Silly things that and QC should have caught. The size of the zip ties used to hold the hoses on the bottoms of the cup holders and rod holds is so silly. But the boat was only $47,000 for a twin engine 21 foot CC jet boat!

CDubya

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
I will
Check those areas today, I haven’t noticed any water at all in the engine compartment. Haven’t even noticed my bilge pump come on once.
but I have noticed a bunch of “little things” my radio is installed with a slight “cant” As is my port tach gauge. Silly things that and QC should have caught. The size of the zip ties used to hold the hoses on the bottoms of the cup holders and rod holds is so silly. But the boat was only $47,000 for a twin engine 21 foot CC jet boat!
I have noticed a bunch of “little things” on my 2020 also. I had to sand the rough fiberglass inside of the CC because my daughter jumped in there cut herself on a shard of fiberglass sticking out about a quarter inch. Then after looking around in there I realized all of it is like that and none of it has been finished. Now that I’ve sanded it and wiped it all down it feels nice and smooth. Also have some glue like substance stuck to my floor all over the place that will not come off. Have a few little chips in the floor that I didn’t notice until I get home from the dealer. The doors on the two front side storage have screws that were put in too tight and it cracked the plastic. And I have multiple screws that are stripped out. The list goes on and on but I am very happy with the boat other than the “small things”

mkbcaptain

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length

mkbcaptain

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
I ordered an 8 channel 1500 watt amp to wire the factor speakers to and two kicker tower speakers as well. Should sound much better!

highanddryinco

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Deluxe
Boat Length
Congrats and enjoy.
FWIW, I'm on my 2nd Ecodiesel. I can't hit 20 even with only my 190 behind. About 17 is the best I get, but that's also not sparing the MPH's on 1000+ mile tows. Perfect engines and platform for towing our boats for sure.

mkbcaptain

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Congrats and enjoy.
FWIW, I'm on my 2nd Ecodiesel. I can't hit 20 even with only my 190 behind. About 17 is the best I get, but that's also not sparing the MPH's on 1000+ mile tows. Perfect engines and platform for towing our boats for sure.
Mine is only 2wd, so that helps a bit with mpg. I usually average 35 at 55mph. I also inflate my tires to 50psi and that helps too. And because the ram is 4 wheel coil over you don’t feel the extra bumpiness. Love this truck so much!
was getting 14 mpg pulling at 33’ 10,000lb camper at 75 mph! Haha

brian86992

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Replacing the speakers is so cheap and easy, I wouldn't skip it. I tested the aftermarket speakers on the stock head unit before installing my amp and even then it was a huge improvement. Front speakers are just remove, swap two wires each and replace. The console speakers you do have to enlarge the hole a little bit (at least for this model).

Kicker KM604W 6-1/2" 2-way marine speakers at Crutchfield

mkbcaptain

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Replacing the speakers is so cheap and easy, I wouldn't skip it. I tested the aftermarket speakers on the stock head unit before installing my amp and even then it was a huge improvement. Front speakers are just remove, swap two wires each and replace. The console speakers you do have to enlarge the hole a little bit (at least for this model).

Kicker KM604W 6-1/2" 2-way marine speakers at Crutchfield
Okay Brian! You twisted my arm! I just won’t tel my wife. Hahaha.
I found these on amazon. Look to be about the same.
Kicker White OEM Replacement Marine 6.5" 4Ω Coaxial speaker Bundle - 4 Speakers Amazon.com: Kicker White OEM Replacement Marine 6.5" 4Ω Coaxial speaker Bundle - 4 Speakers

Tailwaters

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Definitely replace the oem speakers. They are absolutely junk. And Brian's correct on the hole size. All four of mine were just a tad too small. Simply took a 1" drum sander and went around the hole a few times to remove a little material. Easy upgrade.