• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

My 2020 FSH sport thread

mkbcaptain

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Clean install! What made you want to install the charger? I haven’t done one yet.
I sit at the sand bar for 5-6 hours at a time and listen to music while I clean/work on the boat. And since my neighborhood has a private boat ramp to the ICW, my transit time is only 5-15 minutes. So it’s never enough time to fully charge the batteries. Plus it’ll help The longevity In the off season.

mkbcaptain

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
AC5EA2D0-BAA1-4728-8DB7-F3C9D5CA0143.jpeg
They are up! New jbl275 head unit comes tomorrow.

mkbcaptain

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
image.jpg

mkbcaptain

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length

Attachments

mkbcaptain

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Just spoke with my dealer who seems knowledgeable on Yamaha’s. He told me my boat with “unlock” full rpm range after 10 hours, and go up to 7800.
Here to hoping he’s right!

EricE

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212S
Boat Length
That's interesting, I would be surprised if that's the case since I've never heard of Yamaha putting a rpm limit for break-in. I know the BRP powerplants do, but I was hitting full rpms as soon as I followed the 2 hour break-in period on my 2020 212s.

mkbcaptain

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Yeah I hadn’t heard of that either, and you would think it would be in the manual. I guess I’ll see.

JASmith

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Just spoke with my dealer who seems knowledgeable on Yamaha’s. He told me my boat with “unlock” full rpm range after 10 hours, and go up to 7800.
Here to hoping he’s right!
Certainly didn’t happen with mine. Still at 7400 and 7200 after 20 hours and servicing.

Dixemon

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Sitting around 7400 rpm with 50hrs on the motors

mkbcaptain

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Yea I hit 10 hours today and still at 7200 rpm

mkbcaptain

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
I'm at 7400-7500 at WOT cruise but when wake surfing they'll hit 8k... sometimes.
Gotcha. I’ll have the dealer take a look when I go in for the first service period. At the end of the day it’s not a huge deal for me. At 40 mph, which is what I average at 7,000rpm, I pass just about everyone on the water. I usually cruise at 6,000rmp which is around 30mph. Seems to get the best fuel economy there too.
The boat doesn’t feel underpowered for the size and price point. I’m super happy with it.

Went out yesterday in a horrible storm and ran at WOT the whole way home. I wish it had a full size windscreen. Maybe I’ll look into something aftermarket.
The new sound system sounds amazing!
Im working on an aft gangway for the wintertime. So we can go to the sandbar and everyone can get off the boat feet dry. I’ll set up my outdoor projector and screen and the boat will blast the audio during movie nights next to the bonfire.
Cant wait for winter!!
I’ll be using the boat all year. For sure.

brian86992

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
I'm 6'2 and am used to getting blasted in the face with wind. Every once in a while I'll duck down to read a gauge or something and get out of the wind and just think "... oh. I guess that's how nice it is for other people"

mkbcaptain

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
I'm 6'2 and am used to getting blasted in the face with wind. Every once in a while I'll duck down to read a gauge or something and get out of the wind and just think "... oh. I guess that's how nice it is for other people"
Hahah. Yea. Im
Just shy of 6’2”. Death by a million needles yesterday in the face!

mkbcaptain

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
SeaDek in finally!! DIY style!!! Looks Great, I think!! 😎😎🥰

Attachments

mkbcaptain

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
LOOKS AWESOME MAN!!!!
Thanks dude! Wasn’t very difficult. Just took a little time. Makes the boat feel luxurious! Worth every penny!