• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

My Exciting New Mod

0627Devildog

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Classifieds Moderator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I think you just sold me on the slam latch. . . .

Ronnie

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I know this is an older thread but hope someone can point me in the right direction anyway. I’m looking for the name of the manufacturer and part number for slam latches for my anchor and ski lockers or a separate thread to them if one exists. I won’t be doing many more mods this year but would like to get these in place if I can find them.

Last edited:

zelone

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
@Ronnie the only company i found that makes the ones that fit our boat was Gemlux. That was a year ago, so there may be others now. I can't get their website to load for some reason, but try googling Gemlux slam latch.

Bill D

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length

Beachbummer

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I really like the slam latches. They would be especially useful for quick access to the clean out plugs. Thanks for the suggestion.
This is a great idea, but barely a crack in this compartment means the engines cut out.

Anyone with these latches had some feedback on the strength of the lock?

Ronnie

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Thanks guys, I think I found what I’m looking for on the Gem site. Shooting for a locking version but haven’t figured out which backing plat to get, thick or thin so will probably just shoot for the thick version.

It will be nice to get rid of the snag hazard of the oem latches, especially in the ski locker.

http://www.gemlux.com/catalog/2-5-Locking-Slam

tdonoughue

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Ok, so this is tempting. But then at $50 a pop, I am thinking I want one on the anchor, one on the ski, two on the cleanouts... Hey, that is $200 already!

But I want them.

I hate this site.

Bill D

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
This is a great idea, but barely a crack in this compartment means the engines cut out.

Anyone with these latches had some feedback on the strength of the lock?
Way way way better than the stock ones! They act just like a doorknob latch. As long as the placement of the catch is correct, they don’t move one bit.

swatski

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Way way way better than the stock ones! They act just like a doorknob latch. As long as the placement of the catch is correct, they don’t move one bit.
Yep. Thank you, Sir @Bill D - that's a solid recommendation, as I can confirm!

--

Ronnie

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I have locking versions of the oem latches installed right now but only plan to install slam latches on the anchor and ski locker since I use them the most. The latches over the clean out ports don’t get much use at all plus they are covered by seat cushions so I can’t justify the cost.

@tdonoughue , if you want two locking oem latches (and the keys of course) for the cost of shipping or less pm your mailing address. I haven’t figured out if I’m replacing the white or black ones yet though. Probably the white ones installed on the anchor and ski locker now.

swatski

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length

tdonoughue

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Thanks, @Ronnie -- very generous of you. But I think my main motivation is the slam latch for easy closing and not sticking up to step on it so much. And if I am going to get that, I would likely get the keyed version (why go through the effort and not go all the way). I don't have a huge need for locks given my use profile (boat is in locked storage most of the time). So I will pass and hope someone else can use them.

Interesting that they didn't use the same latch both places... Would seem it would have been cheaper. Will have to watch out for that. Thanks for pointing it out, @swatski !

zelone

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I did not replace the cleanout hatch latches. I only did the anchor locker and ski locker. Anchor locker works perfectly. Ski locker is finicky, but doesn't pop open, I just wish it actually latched more securely. I had to bend the "catch" quite a bit to match the angle of the edge of the door opening, and I am just not real happy with it. Doesn't really catch without a lot of pressure. I think it needs more adjustment.

Chewiem16

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Reviving an old thread. can you guys remember which ones you used the ski locker, anchor, and clean outs? how are the slam ones working out for you guys. Are the locking ones holding up the water?

Mr. Boh

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
I am looking for slam latches for the Clean-out Plug access, currently emailing gemlux to see what they recommend. Looks like its a 3" face, with a body/cutout of 2.5" those were on the water measurements, so not exact, but will update as I learn more. (2017 242)

Mr. Boh

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length

HawaiiBreeze

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Not sure if we are talking about the same latches but the deck latches I just replaced were compression latches from WhiteCap and I found them at Yamaha Sports Plaza and the price was the best I could find. Already received and installed them.

-Good Luck!

Compression Latch - Face.jpgCompression Latch - SideView.jpg

VitaminSea

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I replaced all of the latches on my 210 over the off season with the GemLux SS compression latches. Here is the part number/description

6030-11-KIT
Description
2.5" Compression Latch Non-Locking, Reversible Han...

A few notes,
Ski locker, no issues

Anchor locker, the cam is a little longer than the OEM/Whitcap cam, and as such I can only rotate the latch one way without modifying the anchor locker or cam (Eg, 3 o clock is the locked position, I can only rotate clockwise, not counter clockwise to release).

Clean out hatch - my model has two latches, on on each corner - I had to situation the latches so that they were rotated ~45 degrees from parallel, so that the cam would catch and hold. So if you’re overly OCD, might not be the best solution for you.

The latches are solid and I am very happy with them.