• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

My First Boat thread

njmr2fan

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Did some early morning garage boating (If you have to ask, dont...)
20160327_111607.jpg 20160327_111715.jpg 20160327_111742.jpg
Just a boy and his Seadek on a Sunday morning.

Eurocat

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
LOL.
Sorry, just caught up with this thread. the boating blues are getting to everyone huh. At least it is warming up faster in your neck of the woods than in mine.
Happy boating.

njmr2fan

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
So true! Real feel in the 90's expected tomorrow and Sunday here. Pictures to follow!

njmr2fan

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Super nice weekend on the lake. Weather was perfect, great friends, lots of fun.
FB_IMG_1461434084344.jpg

FB_IMG_1461603408361.jpg

njmr2fan

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Next best thing to driving the boat, is cleaning the boat. I don't mind at all.
20160425_102606.jpg

Also loving this thing more everytime I use it! So easy!

20160425_115550.jpg

njmr2fan

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
What a fantastic weekend on the lake. Great weather, great friends, new friendships made. It's everything I hoped for being a boat owner. I actually sat back at one point and removed myself from what was going on just to watch, just to take a snapshot in my mind. Kids laughing in the water, playing in the sand, laying in the hammock, the girls and the guys talking, laughing, busting chops, just perfect.
20160514_120702.jpg 20160514_133814.jpg 20160515_122037.jpg 20160515_122614.jpg

Last edited:

njmr2fan

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
First weekend out with my new Cobra Fangs. Great product. Without cursing, thats the best endorsement I can give it. I thought going from no fins to fins was night and day handling. Now going from Cobras, to Cobras with fangs it feels the same way. Great control, great straight line tracking, nice easy steering. I love them.

Rob9550

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
First weekend out with my new Cobra Fangs. Great product. Without cursing, thats the best endorsement I can give it. I thought going from no fins to fins was night and day handling. Now going from Cobras, to Cobras with fangs it feels the same way. Great control, great straight line tracking, nice easy steering. I love them.
I will be joining the Cobra Jet/Fangs family soon. When I was buttoning the boat up yesterday I found that the TV that I got from you broken. The screw that holds the threaded rod was sheared off. I am not sure why or how it happened. I never hit anything so I am guessing one of two things happened, hard maneuvers at speed or one of the kids swimming behind the boat stood on it. I am leaning more to the kids...

I thought it felt different but figured it was because of the extra weight with four more people on the boat. So much for the new tube for the kids LOL!

On a side note, I really wish our lake had a beach or island we could pull up to. We have to drop anchor in a cove, I then spend the entire time worrying about the kids spilling food or drinks. I am overly protective...Wife calls it OCD.

njmr2fan

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I got the OCD. First time I ever backed into a cove was this past weekend. Took a lot more time then just beaching in, but it was a bit more fun.

Some prefer the TVs because they raise at speed and leave you with the full jet boat skid feel. Some don't. Ask Will for a new rod and post them up for another member. Lots of new owners always looking for TV XLs.

Watts

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Looks good bro! My first trip is scheduled for sunday! I just got mine ready this past weekend....only issue, blew a sub? How the f*** do you blow a sub when I take it out and put it inside all winter? Anway, if that was the worst, i'm ok! So ready to be on the water. I'm jealous!

njmr2fan

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Awarded: Wednesday May 25 2016 22 minutes ago
Addicted(AKA the Mel award!) 1000 Posts!
1,000 messages? Impressive! Thank you for your contributions to the forum!

WOOHOO I'm Addicted, Yes I am! So here's post 1001!

Last edited:

njmr2fan

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Beautiful day out on the lake. 92°, breezy, quiet. I think we saw 2 other boats. No chop. Amazing how a day on the water can make things better. I'll miss you Frank, you were a great person who could fit in anywhere. You would have loved this lake, reminds me of the coves off Barnegat! We did 62 miles today.
20160603_171536.jpg 20160603_171529.jpg

njmr2fan

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Went out for a late afternoon cruise to a local lake side grill. You know its a good time when the kids are crying because they dont want to go home yet and its already 9PM!:woot:

Attachments

njmr2fan

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length

Jet Blue

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Just found this thread. Reading through it made my Monday morning and has me looking forward to finally getting my boat delivered. Never owned one, but can't wait to have my son grow up with this as a family time focus. I am already convinced that buying the boat (my wife's idea) is going to be a wonderful family experience. Thank you and keep this rolling.

njmr2fan

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
@Jet Blue blue, Its a great hobby. Its not a cheap one by any means, but I did just read a story that poeple who spend money on experiences VS "things" have a higher sense of reward. Boating absolutely makes memories. Our boys are young and they are just beginning to retain memories. Most of what they remember is being on the boat. "Remember that island, can we go back?" "Remember when we were swimming here?" "Remember when so & so fell off the tube?" Makes me sure that our decision to become boat owners was a good one. I'll be you feel the same way. I just read through this thread last night to remind myself the path we've taken. I'm glad I started this from the beginning its been fun documenting it. I would recommend it!:winkingthumbsup"

autism1024

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
nice boat i hope you enjoy your summer being on the water is fun

njmr2fan

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
One and a Half Year Anniversary!
Wow....a year and a half has passed since you joined! Time flies! Thank you for your continued support of the forum!

Time sure flies!

Cool :winkingthumbsup"

itsdgm

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
One and a Half Year Anniversary!
Wow....a year and a half has passed since you joined! Time flies! Thank you for your continued support of the forum!

Time sure flies!

Cool :winkingthumbsup"
Congrats on that!! I love reading your thread. Keep them coming.