• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

My First Boat thread

njmr2fan

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
You have been awarded a trophy: Two Years Anniversary!
10:39 PM

Wow, 2 years... Time flies. Can't believe that we're heading into our 3rd summer of being boaters.

njmr2fan

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Feeling very blessed after a tremendous day on the lake with new friends and old. IMG957901.jpg This is why we bought a boat. Memories that will last lifetimes for our family and our friends.

Vito Aiello

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Did some early morning garage boating (If you have to ask, dont...)
View attachment 34826 View attachment 34827 View attachment 34828
Just a boy and his Seadek on a Sunday morning.
Have you experienced any sunburn on any of the seadek pads. I have experienced really bad sunburn on the #1 piece in the bow around the perimeter. Also on the #2 piece on the ski locker. I had alot of faith in seadek, but didn't realize that it is so sensitive to the glares of the sun

njmr2fan

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Have you experienced any sunburn on any of the seadek pads. I have experienced really bad sunburn on the #1 piece in the bow around the perimeter. Also on the #2 piece on the ski locker. I had alot of faith in seadek, but didn't realize that it is so sensitive to the glares of the sun
I have not, mine looks new. I do have some stains from Georgia clay that are slowly working themselves out, but aside from them, ours is holding up well. Reach out to Will @JetBoatPilot and maybe send him some pictures.

JetBoatPilot

Event Sponsor
Event Sponsor
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Yes we can warranty or help with getting it fixed.

Moreyrd

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX195
Boat Length
Just reading through this thread. Wanting to get my first jet boat also. I have boys a little older than yours 15,12,9...do you feel your ar190 has the power needed for water sports? Or would you suggest a twin engine would be better?
Thanks

njmr2fan

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
@Moreyrd I think the power is fine. The space might be tight. When my boys 2 are a bit older I'd like to be in at least a 21 footer. I think sine you have 3 boys, and they may want to bring a friend or girlfriend at some point you would be better off buying a 21. Plus, you can always fit a wake wedge and get some ballast and have a better overall experience.