• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter
  • Announcing the 2024 Jetboat Pilot 10th Annual Marine Mat Group Buy for JetBoaters.net members only! This is your best time to buy Marine Mat from JetboatPilot - you won't get a better price - 30% Off! Use Coupon Code JETBOATERS.NET at checkout.

So if you are tired of stepping on really hot snaps/carpet, or tired of that musty carpet smell - Marine Mat is the best alternative out there! Get in on this now, or pay more later!

You only have until September 30th to get in on this.....So Hurry!

You can dismiss this notice by clicking on the "X" in the upper right corner>>>>>>>>

My new AR240 - lost innocence

MrMoose

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
This great forum full of amazing knowledge saved me from popping a blood vessel yesterday. Just before putting the boat in for its first run after it's 10 hr service, I noticed the silicone ring dangling from the back port side spiky drain. If it weren't for vaguely recalling posts from this forum about this (saying that it's just excess silicon bead breaking away), I would have probably not put the boat in the water and turned around for a 45 minute ride back home. Worse yet, since the boat just came from getting serviced at the dealer, I would have assumed that they did something wrong to it. ... like a bad sheep herder joke, my boat lost its innocence.
If my corny attempt at humor offends anybody, please don't hesitate to let me know, and I will immediately remove the "funny" part of the post. I was just looking for a new angle to reference a common occurrence.

Attachments

• silicone ring.jpg
    silicone ring.jpg
    510.8 KB · Views: 22
Yea. Mine had the same ring. Just pulled it out of the exhaust sphincter. Lol

As a 3rd generation sheep herder I am highly offended!!

We "LOVE" our sheep and would never hurt them.

I remember that day. Freaked me out too!

Glad we were able to avert negative circulatory system implications (I, like @rickd01 , remember that day very well)!

As for offense, you really need to try harder if you want to offend... :)

Glad we were able to avert negative circulatory system implications (I, like @rickd01 , remember that day very well)!

As for offense, you really need to try harder if you want to offend... :)
Well, I definitely would not want to offend anyone. I really appreciate this forum, and would hate to get booted from it.

Back