• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

My review 2016 AR240

luckie_529

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I put the cobra AK with fangs on today on my ar240. The control in wake mode is great and at speed it turns so much faster. Docking was a lot easier too. I put 100 hrs on my boat before I did the install and I wish I would have bought them sooner. I wish that the rod had left and right handed threads but that is the only thing I would change.

luckie_529

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
No more spinning. 1/4 turns are all you need in wake mode.

Just1more

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Did the fins help the spinning on your 240? We are thinking about naming our boat "dizzy". All it does is spin if not underway.
Yes. Once we got fins the spinning stopped......

Cobra Jet Steering LLC

Jetboaters Admiral
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
I do not believe the factory tie rod uses alternate threads on theirs either I hand build those tie rods and I use stainless ends rather than aluminum so the tie rod should hold up for a long time and resist corrosion. Once the tie rod is adjusted it should not need to be readjusted.

JeffVans

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
@swatski I think there is always a little regret in any boat purchase. You are currently going through the same thing I'm going through lol do I really want to jump to 15/16 240 the excitement has started to finally where off on me to do so its a cool boat and better then mine in some aspects but the reality is what it adds for me is 6 inches of freeboard and 6 inches of length and the keel running the length of the boat and the more I think about it for me any ways I just do not think its worth it. These items would really only be important to me one week out of the year the other 51 weeks my boat is just fine for all my needs. I would examine the same in your case does your current boat fit your need 90% of the time you use it if so is it really worth spending all that money to upgrade? If it does not hit that 90% mark then maybe its worth examining. For me the 15/16 would be great on the offshore trips but the reality is my current boat can handle it the other boat handles it better but if that is the only reason for my upgrade then I really should be looking at an offshore boat if thats the sole purpose of my upgrade but since I'm not really willing to give up the swim deck and jets then there really isnt any need to get one of those either. I know your like me looking for justification for yourself to upgrade but I really would examine the 90% number and use that as a personal guide as whether its the right move for you. The more I have looked at it my boat hits closer to 95% of my needs and it really wont get much better then that going to a 15/16 240 just a little better one week a year.
I know this is old... but THANK YOU for writing this!!!! I'm in the process of trying to decide what to get and have had the same thoughts going through my head, it was nice to see it on "paper". I have went from deciding on 2006 AR230 to the downward (upward?) spiral of a 2016 AR240. Because it would be better for about 1 week a year (planning on doing Bimini this year) You have probably just saved me a ton of money... If I can find a clean 2006ish AR230 I think this what I'm going to go with!!!!

veedubtek

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scout
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
LOL. The post you quoted is pretty old - robert now has a 2017 AR240.

robert843

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
LOL. The post you quoted is pretty old - robert now has a 2017 AR240.
Yes but I do still feel the same way. I sold my 2011 sx240 with every intent of buying an offshore boat. Once sold and shoping my fam all of a sudden changed their minds and I was blocked from getting an offshore boat. I made a compromise that they could pick the boat then but in 3 years I was getting my offshore boat. Two years left to go lol.