• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Navionics on Medallion

blackhawkpilot

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
VRX
Boat Length
That was easy. I downloaded the Navionics app on the computer and got my maps onto my card - very user friendly. I just hope it worked. I guess I'll find out in the spring.

blackhawkpilot

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
VRX
Boat Length
Sea trial complete yesterday on the Navionics Card that I loaded. It worked great with no issues.

waternutt

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
VR
Boat Length
Sorry to resurrect an old thread, but I am in the process of getting my maps loaded up. It appears that I have the correct card, so hopefully it will all go well. As I was digging around to take the card out of the boat, I found a second slot with a rubber cover further to port but with no card in it. Anyone know what that second slot would be for?

blackhawkpilot

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
VRX
Boat Length
I don't know what that one could be. I've seen some posts about it both on the FB page and this forum, but didn't pay much attention. The owner's manual may help - oh, wait a minute, the owner's manual won't help you with anything on this boat. Speaking of owner's manual - I spoke with Chaparral a couple of days ago about an issue that I was having and mentioned how bad this manual is. The gentleman I spoke to agreed that it is terrible and they're working on correcting that.

Bret

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
VRX
Boat Length
At least yours came with a card. Mine did not and they want $250 plus shipping for a replacement SD card!. Guess I'll be going with out.

tbauer have the dealer get that Nav card for you!

Chas_Chap

Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
VRX
Boat Length
So am I hearing this correctly, the boat already has a card in it? It just needs to be pulled and updated in the Navionics website? Be nice to send the one back that I just purchased.

Chas_Chap

Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
VRX
Boat Length
Found it. Does it cost anything to register and update this card on their website?

waternutt

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
VR
Boat Length
It did not cost me anything, although I think updates may be only good for a year. I suppose updates will cost $ past that point.

Last edited:

Bret

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
VRX
Boat Length
Yeh membership is free for 1 yr - after that I think it's $199 for a yr

Jeff Cox

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
VRX
Boat Length
anyone else frustrated thst the nav map page on the medallion does not show depth or speed overlayed on the map? I boat in the Delaware bay where most depth is 2 to 5 feet and it's super important to know the depth.

waternutt

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
VR
Boat Length
I have thought that would be nice to have as well. I am also frustrated that it takes forever to load when I first switch over to the nav map display.

blackhawkpilot

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
VRX
Boat Length
anyone else frustrated thst the nav map page on the medallion does not show depth or speed overlayed on the map? I boat in the Delaware bay where most depth is 2 to 5 feet and it's super important to know the depth.
Yeah, that would be nice to see, however I hardly ever use the GPS.

BobJohnson

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
VR
Boat Length
yes... there are many back channels on our lakes where I will go exploring and use the GPS to know where I am at, where the channel ends or turns and since I am in new waters, I want to know depth. When I do this "exploring" I am flipping back and fourth every now and then to see depth and then location.

Not a huge deal at the end of the day. Just an annoyance that I think about when doing it and this post reminded me of.

Seabee

Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
VRX
Boat Length
Have you been learning by trial and error? Got my maps to load properly today and want the GPS to be familiar (waypoints, routing, etc) for my trip to Tampa Bay. No manual, right?

Micah Thompson

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
VRX
Boat Length
When I have the map showing, it shows surveyed lake depths on the map, and current actual depth the boat is reading in the lower left corner, at same time. No, it's not overlaid on the map, but it's an inch away. Does yours not do this?

Jeff Cox

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
VRX
Boat Length
no...there is no depth anywhere on the nav map. mine is 2016 medallion

Jeff Cox

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
VRX
Boat Length
also...does everyne else's medallion lose the fuel gauge when in ski mode? it shows zero fuel. have to turn it off and back on to reset. 2 medallions now, both do it.

At the Sand Bar Again

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
VR
Boat Length
When I have the map showing, it shows surveyed lake depths on the map, and current actual depth the boat is reading in the lower left corner, at same time. No, it's not overlaid on the map, but it's an inch away. Does yours not do this?
No, there is no "actual" depth reading on mine when in NAV mode. All mine shows on the bottom are the coordinates. Please post a photo of your screenshot showing depth. I would like to contact Chaparral to see if there is a firmware update.

Thanks
Tom

Jeff Cox

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
VRX
Boat Length
tom please post info if u get anything feom chap...thanks!