• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Navionics price increase.

Weeb

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I just went to renew my navionics app on my phone and they did away with US inland lakes. It was $14.99 to renew before and now it’s 24.99 including Canada. Most of us in the US don’t need Canadian maps and vice versa. Seems like a bit of a money grab to me.

tabbibus

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
I don't recall if it was 14.99 before, but honestly 24.99 is still incredibly cheap for what it offers.

HangOutdoors

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Alot of online subscriptions are going up some are a bit ridiculous. For what Navionics offers, $25 per year is ridiculously cheap for all of the features and information they provide. With everything around us increasing in price I have no problem throwing an extra $10 bucks per year at Navionics. TBH I would pay quite a bit more for it as well.

adrianp89

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SE
Boat Length
$25 for anything is cheap these days lol

2kwik4u

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I don't recall if it was 14.99 before, but honestly 24.99 is still incredibly cheap for what it offers.
Just checked my invoice. 14.99 as of Jan this year.

**EDIT** I wonder if the price hike comes from Gramins acquisition of Navionics awhile back ?!?**/EDIT**

Maybe I got a different package or something.

I don't use it often as I typically end up on the same lakes over and over. On top of that, they're the same lakes I've been on for the last 3 decades. I originally got it for my trip to FL where I was going to be navigating around Destin/Pensacola area. While it's a narrow waterway and hard to get lost in general, I wanted some more detail, and a backup in case I got turned around, or needed more information.

IMO, BoatUS and Navionics are cheap insurance/tools for anyone with a boat.

Last edited:

Robconn

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR192
Boat Length
Yes, I have been paying 14.99/year in the past. ( 14.99 x 5yrs = $74.95) using 10 inch ipad with cellular. vs. a hypothetical dedicated hard wired marine navigation system 7 inch screen on Amazon $569.00 simrad gps chart plotter. Still have iPad for multiple uses and it’s portable. After 5 yrs, it is still cheaper considering current price on Amazon $429.00 iPad 10 inch with cellular quoted on Amazon. Yes I’ll gladly pay the increase it’s worth it considering it’s accuracy and ease of use. Not sure about off shore connectivity but for my inland lake it works great. That would be the only reason for me to spend the extra money on a dedicated chart plotter.

Last edited:

Weeb

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I don’t use it much but it’s nice to know it’s there if needed. Times have definitely changed I guess I’m just slow to come around. It’s $13 for a double whooper meal so I guess in the scheme of things I can swallow the $25, though like the whooper I gag a little.

Brett_Jeep

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
195S
Boat Length
What’s everyone doing to keep the iPhone from overheating causing the screen to dim while enroute using navionics? I love the app on my iPhone 12 but the 195s phone holder doesnprotect it much from the sun. Going to try without my case next week to see if it helps.

2kwik4u

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
What’s everyone doing to keep the iPhone from overheating causing the screen to dim while enroute using navionics? I love the app on my iPhone 12 but the 195s phone holder doesnprotect it much from the sun. Going to try without my case next week to see if it helps.
I have a Pixel 5 with a light case. No overheating problems, but battery life was an issue. Installed a USB port at the helm and that was solved.

When I'm not underway I keep a small towel over it to keep it out of the sun. When I am underway and using the nav, the natural airflow seems to be enough.

Using a RAM mount as my '17 doesn't have a phone holder.

Weeb

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I have a Pixel 5 with a light case. No overheating problems, but battery life was an issue. Installed a USB port at the helm and that was solved.

When I'm not underway I keep a small towel over it to keep it out of the sun. When I am underway and using the nav, the natural airflow seems to be enough.

Using a RAM mount as my '17 doesn't have a phone holder.
The ram mount probably allows for better air flow around the phone compared to up against the dash

Brett_Jeep

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
195S
Boat Length
Great point. Thanks

Stan M

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252S
Boat Length
Alot of online subscriptions are going up some are a bit ridiculous. For what Navionics offers, $25 per year is ridiculously cheap for all of the features and information they provide. With everything around us increasing in price I have no problem throwing an extra $10 bucks per year at Navionics. TBH I would pay quite a bit more for it as well.
Shhhh....don't tell them you'd pay more!😉

Jerlane

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
My first subscription just expired as well and I was a bit shocked by the 66% price increase. I’m on the fence about renewing.

Steve73

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
annoyed at the price increase of navionics as well! C-map is still $15 a year. I downloaded it and am in the 2 week free trial. One thing cool with C-map is the ability to do custom coloring for custom depths. Really nice feature when underway. This year I’m going to run both to see which one I like better.

Attachments

tabbibus

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
annoyed at the price increase of navionics as well! C-map is still $15 a year. I downloaded it and am in the 2 week free trial. One thing cool with C-map is the ability to do custom coloring for custom depths. Really nice feature when underway. This year I’m going to run both to see which one I like better.
How does it compare. I may just buy it and have both.

Nivekot

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
All, it looks like the Navionics app subscription for coverage maps is increasing from $25 to $50. The new prices will go into effect on October 25, 2023. You can update now at the cheaper price and it will add a year to when your subscription expires.

msavold

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Unfortunately, just noticed this thread, looked into this and it seems that they are now including ALL waters in the US and Canada under one subscription, as opposed to the regional areas that we had before.
Which annoys me to no end. I'm ok with paying for the whole east coast but I don't think I'll be trailering the boat to Puget Sound any time soon!
They might as well say "but look, we're also giving you the charts for Finland!" for all it's worth.
Too bad. Really liked the app but looking for an alternative soon. It's not a lot of money compared to, say, a tank of gas, but...