• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Need a jet boat 135hp or less - suggestions?

profarcity

Reaction score
Boat Make
Sugar Sand
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
Hi all,

We just moved to a lake that does not allow jet skis and has horsepower limits on boats - we can only have a max of 135hp. I'm trying to figure out which jet boats (older is fine) would be well-suited for me to keep an eye out for, as I think that would be a great option if I can find one.

Thanks!

A single engined Yamaha Exciter from the late 90s or early 2000s would work if they allow two strokes.

A single engined Yamaha Exciter from the late 90s or early 2000s would work if they allow two strokes.

How about just changing the engine output information stickers that we know have been derated in HP. LOL Just kidding!

Good call, the single engine version has the GP1200 triple which was rated at 135hp on the money.

They did offer that in a single engine didn't they? Or were they all doubles?

Good call, the single engine version has the GP1200 triple which was rated at 135hp on the money.

They did offer that in a single engine didn't they? Or were they all doubles?

Answered my own question. Newest you can find is the 1999 Exciter 135 with a single 135hp 1200cc triple. Many around in the $6000-$7000 range.

img_8Q2iqo9CBR.jpg

Pretty sure the new Sea-Doo switch can be optioned down to under 135.

thanks all - anyone know if Sea-Doo made any that were that engine size or close?

i have a seadoo sportster 15' with the 155 4 tech I think they were also offered with a smaller 2 stroke before 2003/4 its a three person boat at best

i have a seadoo sportster 15' with the 155 4 tech I think they were also offered with a smaller 2 stroke before 2003/4 its a three person boat at best
In 2005, 2006 the single engine Sea-Doo Sportster LE/DI was offered with a 130hp Four stroke as well. That may be a good option if you care to avoid a two stroke

1658067393786.jpeg

ah thats right LE was 130 and 4-TEC is 155 i have the yellow 155 as a spare boat..

Back