• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Need anti-pooling pole replacement set for cover

raptor319

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited E-Series
Boat Length
Hello there I need a new anti-pooling pole set...the straps on mine have become worn and it doesn’t look like they’re easily replaced. I can’t really find a comparable set for my 2016 Yamaha 242 does anyone know where I can get this?

2kwik4u

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I've got a spare set for an AR190. Doubt that helps with your 242, but if it does it's yours.

You can usually get that nylon webbing at local fabric stores. Assuming you know someone with a sewing machine and the poles and plastic is still in good shape you might be able to rebuild what you have.

props2you

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length

swatski

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
STRONGLY recommend the Hangtyte system... Especially on the 242 LSE's

Pretty sure @swatski did this as well and has a write up somewhere on this system.

Search Hangtyte on here, you can't go wrong!
Yessir!
The hardest part was cutting holes in a perfectly good premium cover, lol. The system is awesome, I installed two and they have been a lifesaver with the lift.

--

raptor319

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited E-Series
Boat Length
Thanks for the advice if I had a wake tower I guess that would work but I do not have a tower on my boat

raptor319

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited E-Series
Boat Length
I appreciate that...but the poles are fine I have the same issue as you...nylon turned to dust in Hot Florida weather

Babin Farms

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
We just got a new cover and i'm pretty sure the old anti-pooling pole set is good. I'll check when I get home today, if they are in good shape, just cover the shipping and they're yours.

swatski

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length

2kwik4u

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
And don't forget you have some canvas to pick up for those projects, currently stuck on a shelf in a STL, MO, garage, lol.
View attachment 115979

--
Didn't forget, just been crazy times here. I'll be through on the 26th. Replied to the conversation with @BigAbe75 We'll get it out of there.