• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Need Help

Robbi Lockhart

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
So We have a 2010 AR210. Had it out and the starboard side dive start making a loud grinding noise. Sounded like a bad bearing and it was. So started taking the jet drive a part and found the back beari in peaces. The one on the end of the shaft in the ducy impeller. I wanted to take the rest a part to make sure everything is good and found the impeller had scratched the impeller housing. Impeller looked okay but will need to replace housing. The real problem is I can't get the drive shaft to come out. From everything I have watched looks like it just pulls out. Do not want to pound on it. So not sure what tod do.

Attachments

Cobra Jet Steering LLC

Jetboaters Admiral
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
It pulls out the back usually you remove it all together with the pump in one piece so you can pull the pump out and the shaft comes with it. , I often need to use a slide hammer with a special custom made attachment to get the pump out I would not recommend trying to get the shaft out the way you are doing it.

Robbi Lockhart

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Okay. Why would it be so difficult to get out? Rust? I was afraid to damage the in bearing by using some type of slide hammer. I knew something was wrong when it would not come one all together.Thanks for your help

Beachbummer

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
You need some leverage. It pulls straight out. If you put to much side pressure you might break something.

Can you reinstall the housing to give you more leverage? Mine had come off every year or two so it almost slides out. There are some notches on the housing that you can level against using a big screw driver. There are tales of some being so stuck that they got pulled by sheer force using straps and the power of the car pulling against a tree or pole (can't remember which, but sounded wild)

Maybe with the nut on you can make your own extraction hammer by attaching a weight with a nylon strap and giving some pull action/good tugs.

Best of luck, you already know it's tight on there.

Cobra Jet Steering LLC

Jetboaters Admiral
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
put bees wax on every thing when you put it back together

Beachbummer

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
And as to your question on why it's so tight.. Maybe a little rust with a bit of wear on the splines where it had been pushing for so long... Hard to know for certain, but we know the longer they are up there the harder they are to remove.