• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

New 195s question.

212s

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212S
Boat Length
@BigPapiBT Congrats on the new boat!

Your list has mostly good stuff but I wouldn't use that hull cleaner "Lysol toilet bowl cleaner" - it'll probably strip the wax off. Better to use a matching spray detailer to buff up the hull. You could use the cleaner end of season to clean off some build up perhaps. Same for the erasers.

Also I don't like hull hugger fenders, prefer the traditional round, long fenders - they work well.

Your battery tender - make sure it's ignition protected if you put it under the seat so it doesn't ignite flammable fumes from the battery or fuel tank. There are marine specific models that are waterproof and won't ignite a flame, and some models can be mounted in the boat so you just need to plug it in. Many use a Noco or Promariner to keep batteries topped up and during winter storage.

You will need a few 15-20ft dock lines to tie off. The bungee ones are good once you tie off to hold, but you need proper 3/8 or 1/2 inch lines for secure tie off and in case you're at a dock where the cleats are more than 4ft away.

The 50ft tow rope for the tube might be too short. If you're pulling directly behind you while on plane, the spray from the jetpump will probably be a nuisance to the riders. If you're good at it and can keep them riding outside the jetwash, then 50ft is fine. If they just want to tow behind, then you'll probably want a 10-20ft extension to get past the spray range.

You may not need thrust vectors from JBP - the boat comes with an Articulating Keel or rudder that greatly enhances steering. Older models needed aftermarket steering accessories but newer do not. I thought I would need to buy a set when I bought my new Yamaha but after getting the boat in the water, I found it handles almost the same as the old I/O prop we had. Some may want to add it anyways, but you may not need it - personal choice of course.

Check your safety kit to make sure you have everything needed for Coast Guard approval, it varies a bit depending on length:

And if you don't have navigational experience, I highly recommend a boating safety course to help with navigating the waters safely, proper operating procedures, aids to nav (buoys and colours), etc. Winter is the best time to do the course while waiting to go boating.

kgower

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
222SE
Boat Length
3.5" with bells. here is after a 2 hour drive home. then I swapped it.
That sucks, did it buff out? Plan on changing mine at the dealer before driving of the lot.

malmana

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
195S
Boat Length
That sucks, did it buff out? Plan on changing mine at the dealer before driving of the lot.
Hey kgower: Just checking in. Have you gotten any updates. I plan to call my dealer tomorrow (my 6 month deposit date). Last time I contacted him (@10 days ago) same story. You are confirmed but no other information. Last October he said March but I would have thought that was the worse case scenario.

kgower

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
222SE
Boat Length
Hey kgower: Just checking in. Have you gotten any updates. I plan to call my dealer tomorrow (my 6 month deposit date). Last time I contacted him (@10 days ago) same story. You are confirmed but no other information. Last October he said March but I would have thought that was the worse case scenario.
Nothing new. About a week ago I read a post from someone who had spoken to Yamaha and he was told that all the allocation cuts have been made. @HangOutdoors said there were a couple of 19's at his MI dealer Monday I think it was. Sounded like AR's based on the color. Hopefully that's a sign that 19's are in production.
I did speak to a sound shop Tuesday about audio upgrades wait on sum numbers. Still buying the occasional item; anchor and dock lines, hitch lock et cetera.

Yamahaul

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
195S
Boat Length
it wiped up some. its not obvious, but i can see it when i look for it. you prob wouldn't notice if i didnt tell you.

BigPapiBT

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
@BigPapiBT Congrats on the new boat!

Your list has mostly good stuff but I wouldn't use that hull cleaner "Lysol toilet bowl cleaner" - it'll probably strip the wax off. Better to use a matching spray detailer to buff up the hull. You could use the cleaner end of season to clean off some build up perhaps. Same for the erasers.

Also I don't like hull hugger fenders, prefer the traditional round, long fenders - they work well.

Your battery tender - make sure it's ignition protected if you put it under the seat so it doesn't ignite flammable fumes from the battery or fuel tank. There are marine specific models that are waterproof and won't ignite a flame, and some models can be mounted in the boat so you just need to plug it in. Many use a Noco or Promariner to keep batteries topped up and during winter storage.

You will need a few 15-20ft dock lines to tie off. The bungee ones are good once you tie off to hold, but you need proper 3/8 or 1/2 inch lines for secure tie off and in case you're at a dock where the cleats are more than 4ft away.

The 50ft tow rope for the tube might be too short. If you're pulling directly behind you while on plane, the spray from the jetpump will probably be a nuisance to the riders. If you're good at it and can keep them riding outside the jetwash, then 50ft is fine. If they just want to tow behind, then you'll probably want a 10-20ft extension to get past the spray range.

You may not need thrust vectors from JBP - the boat comes with an Articulating Keel or rudder that greatly enhances steering. Older models needed aftermarket steering accessories but newer do not. I thought I would need to buy a set when I bought my new Yamaha but after getting the boat in the water, I found it handles almost the same as the old I/O prop we had. Some may want to add it anyways, but you may not need it - personal choice of course.

Check your safety kit to make sure you have everything needed for Coast Guard approval, it varies a bit depending on length:

And if you don't have navigational experience, I highly recommend a boating safety course to help with navigating the waters safely, proper operating procedures, aids to nav (buoys and colours), etc. Winter is the best time to do the course while waiting to go boating.
Huge thanks! I appreciate it. We will wet dock it all summer. My plan was to pull it monthly and on the guidance I got from a neighbor (with an older boat) was that a diluted lysol mix sprayed on and wiped off will get rid of that scum on the hull? But I hear you.

For the battery tender my thought was only to use it in the off season as I think we'll be running this thing every other day in the season. Not sure if I need to have it on the battery while at dock if we're running it every other day? I'm a rookie here.

I do already have a 15-20 foot dock lines from my old boat (a Takacat 420lx). My thought was while on the home dock to only use the bungee lines? But you think we should also use a standard nylon rope tie off?

And yeah, I did pass my boating license test. And I had the family all last summer on our 14' foot Takacat with a 25hp tiller. But the kids kept saying "Dad can we get a real boat :)" and the first time my wife got drenched by a wave she wouldn't step foot on it! So on to a 195S! So i guess I learned the basics last summer. But it'll be a big transition going from a tiller to a jet boat. We can't wait!

212s

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212S
Boat Length
Huge thanks! I appreciate it. We will wet dock it all summer. My plan was to pull it monthly and on the guidance I got from a neighbor (with an older boat) was that a diluted lysol mix sprayed on and wiped off will get rid of that scum on the hull? But I hear you.
Ok I get that...it's for the bottom of the hull where there won't be any wax as the friction from the water will just strip it off anyway.
For the battery tender my thought was only to use it in the off season as I think we'll be running this thing every other day in the season. Not sure if I need to have it on the battery while at dock if we're running it every other day? I'm a rookie here.
That will depend on how you use the boat. If you're driving 15mins back to the slip then you might need to top up the battery if you used it a lot and drained it down, and the engine didn't get enough run time to charge it fully. Lead-acid batteries will last longer and work better if kept fully charged, so you might want to consider putting it on charge any time you're not using it, unless you typically cruise around for an hour or so before heading back to the slip.
I do already have a 15-20 foot dock lines from my old boat (a Takacat 420lx). My thought was while on the home dock to only use the bungee lines? But you think we should also use a standard nylon rope tie off?
Yes, I'd hate to hear that a bungee broke during a windy day and your boat floated away.

Whenever I tie up for lunch or something at a dock, I use 4 lines, 2 to hold to the dock, and 2 to maintain distance so the boat doesn't move fore/aft and hit another boat or dock. No way my boat is floating away or hitting anything.
😁
And yeah, I did pass my boating license test. And I had the family all last summer on our 14' foot Takacat with a 25hp tiller. But the kids kept saying "Dad can we get a real boat :)"
Oh crap, that stings...but I get it.
🤪
And now you'll have a real boat...LOL
and the first time my wife got drenched by a wave she wouldn't step foot on it! So on to a 195S! So i guess I learned the basics last summer. But it'll be a big transition going from a tiller to a jet boat. We can't wait!
Ha...don't count on not getting drenched! Over the years we've been in all kinds of conditions, and one year we were coming back to the docks and wind switched 180 degrees and picked up and we were fighting 4ft chop with wind whipping the whitecaps over the bow - we were soaked in 5 mins.

Another time it was a beautiful warm day, then a tiny cold front came out of nowhere with black clouds that dumped a drenching downpour. We stood under the bimini to keep dry but needed to wrap ourselves with towels to keep warm until the clouds passed and the sun came back out.

Then there was the time last summer we were out on the new 212 and dummy me wasn't paying attention to a big cruiser going by producing a massive 5ft wake. I tried to turn and bow up to slice through it but the wife wasn't seated so I could hit the throttles from idle to bring up the bow and half the wave dumped right into the boat and splashed over the windshield soaking us. After we stopped laughing, I checked for water in the boat and found the self-draining cockpit worked! Not a drop in the floor locker, mats were starting to dry, and all we had to do was wipe down the front seats and windshield so they didn't get spotty. The old boat would have been a water-soaked mess for hours...but with this one we could barely tell we just got swamped!

So yeah...shit happens!
:D

Drfast555

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
195S
Boat Length
I am set to take delivery of a 2021 195s in Yacht Blue next weekend. I was looking at the spec sheet on the Yamaha website and it says that the dinette table features marine mat. I have not seen any picture of the table with any covering on it except the Jetboatpilot version. Can anyone confirm what they mean by features marine mat.

Also does anyone have any suggestions for initial upgrades or changes other than a new bow roller, cobrajet fins, and trailer guides.

We picked up our 2021 195s friday.... no marine mat for the table.....

BigPapiBT

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
For those with the Yacht Blue, what did you do for registration numbers? Seems like black is standard but white might match better? If found this website but I'm sure there are others. I just want it all in one strip vs. trying to line up letters :).

FTBS311

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
195S
Boat Length
For those with the Yacht Blue, what did you do for registration numbers? Seems like black is standard but white might match better? If found this website but I'm sure there are others. I just want it all in one strip vs. trying to line up letters :).

I have the 195S in Blue as well. I am about to order the Lettering from this site below. They line it up for you and ensure you have the proper spacing according to the State you are located in as well. Was playing around with the colors. White w/ gray shading, Black w/Gray shading and with Domed lettering. Pretty cool stuff.

BigPapiBT

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I have the 195S in Blue as well. I am about to order the Lettering from this site below. They line it up for you and ensure you have the proper spacing according to the State you are located in as well. Was playing around with the colors. White w/ gray shading, Black w/Gray shading and with Domed lettering. Pretty cool stuff.

Thanks! Looks like "Domed" lettering takes it up from $26 to $86, but at this point what's an extra 60 :).

Would love to see how it looks on the Yacht Blue.

malmana

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
195S
Boat Length
Hey Guys:
I already received my lettering. Great website and awesome results. Great quality and very inexpensive. You can pick different fonts.
www.diylettering.com
Check your state requirements. In the state of VA you can use your own registration letters just as long as they aren't the same color.
So my game plan is the blue on the white. Also VA state requires they be 3 inches.

Attachments

Yamahaul

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
195S
Boat Length

🐊 orange and blue 🐊

domed sounds cool. we have a vinyl cutter so it was just to easy and free.

BigPapiBT

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Any cooler recommendations? I'm thinking the spot where the table goes makes the most sense? My 195S is in winter storage (Yeah, Seattle!) so I don't have the measurements of what will fit in that spot behind the Captain's chair? Not sure what dimensions I have to work with.

FTBS311

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
195S
Boat Length
Any cooler recommendations? I'm thinking the spot where the table goes makes the most sense? My 195S is in winter storage (Yeah, Seattle!) so I don't have the measurements of what will fit in that spot behind the Captain's chair? Not sure what dimensions I have to work with.
I ordered the RTIC 52Q Cooler since it was on sale and we need a bigger cooler. measured the space and it fits perfect and makes for another seat on the boat.

Last edited:

BigPapiBT

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length

kgower

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
222SE
Boat Length
Might find myself sleeping on the couch indefinitely if I spent what either you spent on your coolers.