• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

New 2015 242LS for $50K?!

robert843

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I agree with the used suggestion I only paid $1500 more then @Scuba_ref wants for his 2008 for my 2011 SX240 with 67 hours and YES warranty still good till May of 16. If you shop hard there are deals to be had out there I'm sure I could sell mine for almost $5000 more then I paid for it in the spring. Unless you are hell bent on new I would try and find a used one at a steal.

Freezer41

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I had to finance so going with Yamaha on a new one made sense as they had the lowest APR
at the time. I think also how long you plan to keep the boat is a factor too. I want to keep mine for 10 or more years.

OrangeTJ

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
looks like painted trailer in the pics. Can't tell for sure. I'll have to drive over there next week to check it out. I totally get the suggestions to buy uesed but honestly I would only be buying a new boat to get something quieter than what I currently have. If the 21 footers had the "quiet cruise" updates that's what I'd look at. I wouldn't mind having a 24 foot boat but I don't find my 21 to be too small at all and in truth the 210 has enough power for everyting we do with it. Thus, anything in the Yamaha line other than a 15 or newer 24 footer wouldn't really interest me at this point. I had been eyeballing the SX or AR240 but seeing an LS at a price right in line with the SX does cause me to take notice.

Ronnie

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
@OrangeTJ , I passed by the dealership today on the way to and from snowboarding. They had a few Yamaha's on the lot. I promised my wife I would not stop there and do something financially irresponsible like go into debt for a new boat for all the features we don't already have and have done without. Good luck the boat bug can be a tough one to rid of.

Edit: If I was still looking to upgrade from a 230 series boat that 2015 242 Ls would be at the top of my list especially if Yamaha's special financing applied. I store my boat and pwcs outdoors under covers and always have without issue, so I'd bet that 2015 is fine but as usual I would want to test drive the boat just to be sure. The full warranty should still be in effect so I would be a lot less concerned about buying that boat if any unseen problems arose with it.

Last edited:

OrangeTJ

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
I'll also add that when we bought our 2011 SX210, it was a "leftover" that we purchased new in summer of 2012. The boat was stored indoors at that dealership and was perfectly fine...in fact we've never had any issues with it.

Nick Hughes

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
My OTD price on the 2015 LS i bought 2 weeks ago is pretty close to whats being discussed. Plus i had it transported 700 miles. 2.99% financing to boot. Can't get that on used.

robert843

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
My OTD price on the 2015 LS i bought 2 weeks ago is pretty close to whats being discussed. Plus i had it transported 700 miles. 2.99% financing to boot. Can't get that on used.
Yes you can my interest rate on my boat is 1.9% purchased used. You just have to shop around a little.

OCMD

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
...or just pay cash and get the best deal out there...and when told no, walk away and have them call you back in an hour!

JTC1016

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
@ Nick Hughes, did you get the 2.99% introductory rate or did you find someone offering that for the full term? I'm considering waiting until April to see what the next incentives are but might lock up a 2015 leftover now for 2.99%.
Thanks.

Nick Hughes

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
@ Nick Hughes, did you get the 2.99% introductory rate or did you find someone offering that for the full term? I'm considering waiting until April to see what the next incentives are but might lock up a 2015 leftover now for 2.99%.
Thanks.
I used the 2.99 for 60 months as I plan to pay it off in 2-3 years.

OrangeTJ

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Looks like somebody snapped up the boat I originally posted about. Wonder if it was somebody on this forum? Whoever it was, seems like they got a great deal! I was actually going to drive over today and check it out...probably best that it's gone.

jcyamaharider

Event Sponsor
Event Sponsor
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
You guys are BAD!!!!! I have been on a new boat search since I seen this original post but have since came back to reality.

MattFX4

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
You guys are BAD!!!!! I have been on a new boat search since I seen this original post but have since came back to reality.
JC, did you buy yours new? Your boat is going on roughly 8 years old. How well is it holding up? Also, it looks like you have an impressive audio system with dual batteries. What type/size batteries do you have, and what type of run time do you get out of them while playing the stereo? Sorry for all the questions, just doing a lot of research before I buy.

jcyamaharider

Event Sponsor
Event Sponsor
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
@MattFX4 No I bought this boat 3 years ago. I have loved it since. Had 180 hours on the boat when I bought it. Still shines like showroom new and runs like it as well. No complaints about this boat at all.

As far as stereo I have a group 29 and a group 27. Both are regular marine deep cycle batteries. I will probably end up adding another group 24 this year to segregate the ballast system and stereo from the main electronics. One battery will run all day, both last a weekend of camping on the sand bar. Our group takes turns being the dj but when the boats are on they are LOUD!