• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

New 2015 Models

sysinu

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I only have one question concerning the fins.

1. Will the fins track the boat straight in slow speed long enough to let go of the wheel, grab a soda from the cooler and take a drink?

The video above he shows the boat going right..left..right..left, ect. My question above is what I'd like to hear from fin owners.
Short answer is no. With any dual propulsion boat, predictable straight line tracking is difficult. The new keel, rudder, etc... it helps, don't get me wrong, but dual prop straight line is a unicorn. the nonexistent thing that some people say they have seen. If you had perfectly tuned impellers, perfectly adjusted pump output positions, engines behaving perfectly, etc... then maybe you will be able to straight line. But if one of your screws is putting out more than the other, eventually your boat will go in circles.

latitudeadjuster

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
They are selling 500 new 2015 boats.....they have 1000 rudders in stock for replacement......lol....just kidding

Boat Crazy

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Short answer is no. With any dual propulsion boat, predictable straight line tracking is difficult. The new keel, rudder, etc... it helps, don't get me wrong, but dual prop straight line is a unicorn. the nonexistent thing that some people say they have seen. If you had perfectly tuned impellers, perfectly adjusted pump output positions, engines behaving perfectly, etc... then maybe you will be able to straight line. But if one of your screws is putting out more than the other, eventually your boat will go in circles.
For slow speed out of a cove, try leaving the controls in neutral and hit the no wake button 3 times.

sysinu

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
For slow speed out of a cove, try leaving the controls in neutral and hit the no wake button 3 times.
that helps some (to let the increments of RPM go to the ECM form a similar idle speed between engines), my point is just that with two engines you're always going to have some sort of listing behavior to one side or another. Even at the same RPM, if your impeller pitches are different enough it can offset your thrust from one side or another.

Wayloncle

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
@Volffas I wish this video had a comparison of small fins to big ones but it will give you an idea of what the bigger fins do

Good video, I haven't seen that one it does a Good job of showing all the differences.

Englewoodcowboy

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
What city are you in, any luck getting a deal on price?
Well I have not put a deposit as of yet. The dealers would not budge and I told them I would make my final decision today. Funny thing is my phone has been ringing all morning with them shedding dollars to get my business. Now I am starting to see them get pretty close to 2013 prices and trying to get the best deal with the closest dealer. As it is I will have to travel all day to go get it and come home so just how long that day will be is yet to be determined. Hopefully this evening I will be the proud owner of a Black 2014 AR192 and just wait till Thursday to go get it. Wish me luck!

Williamsone46

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
255XD
Boat Length
I'm surprised no one has got a 2015 yet and posted.

sysinu

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length

sysinu

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Bear Lake
SUCK! too far North for me this time of year. That and we have a big neighborhood BBQ at our place next weekend.

Let me know when the '15s get in so I can come have a look at least :). Not a chance in hell that I will buy one, but lookin' doesn't hurt anyone!

Evildwarf

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited
Boat Length
I'm curious about the new touch screen tech, wonder how well it can be seen in bright sunlight?
I really don't see the need for a rudder on the twin jets now that I've had a few hours piloting the '14 242. She handles true and solid in tight marina spaces and no issues at speed.
I'm sure the '15s are beautiful boats and I do like the wet storage on the stern.
But for the $$$ we are very happy with the '14 242.

Kane Martin

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I'm curious about the new touch screen tech, wonder how well it can be seen in bright sunlight?
I really don't see the need for a rudder on the twin jets now that I've had a few hours piloting the '14 242. She handles true and solid in tight marina spaces and no issues at speed.
I'm sure the '15s are beautiful boats and I do like the wet storage on the stern.
But for the $$$ we are very happy with the '14 242.

Us too.Loving the '14 model. Would have loved to have the storage from the rear deck and the 12V hookup. The hindged seats. But for the premium price increase. VERY HAPPY with the 14 LS.

And already have a list of upgrades to do. I HAVE got to stop reading these forums.........

Charles

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I got to see the '14 and '15 side by side at the boat show this weekend. I REALLY want a 2015...but $12k more than the 2014, and 7.99% instead of 4.99%....that makes a difference...