• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

New 2015 Models

primedoc

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Brand new redesigned models coming out for 2015. Yamaha was all over the lake testing and photographing the new models. I saw a 242 but when I got close enough to get a little peak the Yamaha employees / testers went WOT. They couldn't pull away from me but I couldn't catch up with them either. So being the resourceful guy I am I just stopped at a bottleneck area on the lake between the main channel and the only route back to the Yamaha factory and factory docks and told the family it was time to swim for a while until they came back through! Still couldn't tell a whole lot (since they came back through at WOT) other than new colors / graphics and redesigned tower. From discussions with several employees there are several design, color, and electronic changes. A Yamaha engineer who I met on the lake confirmed again the purchase of more land and construction of additional mfg. facility in the industrial park. He also confirmed the coming Yamaha cruiser and fishing boats. When I referenced the hidden outboard model that some of us have discussed he hedged, but it "sounded" as if I was on the right track in my questioning about it. He said that the cruiser will not be jet powered and thought that the fishing boat would be jet powered. Another (lower level blue collar) employee stated that the 2015 models would have a "rudder" which makes no sense. Standard thrust vectors maybe? @JetBoatPilot ????

Noko

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Doesn't Yamaha test their boats on the lake in Area 51?:)

Zarrella

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited
Boat Length
What...no cell phone pics??

DoubleThrust

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SS
Boat Length
No 27' cuddy jet?

Bastards

:p

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
If they make a fishing boat with a jet, they'll need a "rudder" to keep the stern from blowing around. Perhaps they'll put in a retractable skeg/fin? Then you can put a trolling motor on the front and not have the stern move around as much.

Selling something other than jets in the US with their awesome outboard powerplants makes a lot of sense!

Evil Sports

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SS
Boat Length
If they make a fishing boat with a jet, they'll need a "rudder" to keep the stern from blowing around. Perhaps they'll put in a retractable skeg/fin? Then you can put a trolling motor on the front and not have the stern move around as much.
My ass end is all over the place when Im using the Bow mount Terrova even with fins. It can be annoying but we deal with it

Julian

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
My ass end is all over the place when Im using the Bow mount Terrova even with fins. It can be annoying but we deal with it
Yup...but if they put in a MUCH BIGGER retractable skeg, then the stern wouldn't slide around as much. Deploy it for fishing with a trolling motor, retract it for speeding around.....would be cool!

Murf'n'surf

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I think Yamaha is 'jumping the shark' by producing other boats with outboards. The suits are probably mislead by their capitalization of the jet boat market and think that they can take a percentage of another market.

JetBoatPilot

Event Sponsor
Event Sponsor
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
I cannot confirm or deny anything at this point. I do know something but will not be at liberty to say until Aug after product release.

Julian

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
@Murf'n'surf - they already build a big line of boats in the Far East...why not join the fray with one manufacturer built OB boats? Seems like a natural move to me. Especially if they start with an enclosed OB small cruiser.

Murf'n'surf

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
@Murf'n'surf - they already build a big line of boats in the Far East...why not join the fray with one manufacturer built OB boats? Seems like a natural move to me. Especially if they start with an enclosed OB small cruiser.
Because this country is loaded with boat manufacturers...quality manufacturers. I can't speak for the Asian market but I doubt there are as many options over there as we have here. If you ever have the chance go to the Fort Lauderdale boat show. You will see countless boat companies fighting for the sale.

OrangeTJ

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Yeah, I don't see the appeal of a cruiser type of boat with the same powertrain as our "sport" boats. Unless they do some serious sound insulation/engine isolation, the somewhat frenetic character of these engines and the relative lack of solid straightline tracking would be out of place in a boat designed for smooth and relaxed cruising, IMO. Sure, there's an advantage of lower maintenance than an I/O setup, but that advantage is likely negated by the issues associated with long-term wet storage (often saltwater) that is much more likely for a 27 foot + boat.

OrangeTJ

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
I also think Yamaha would be hard pressed to really go head to head with the likes of Cobalt, Monterey, Sea Ray, Formula, Chaparral, etc. in the cruiser market here in the U.S.. Those makers have well-established brands.

primedoc

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
We need a jbn'er to start working at the Yamaha plant and do some recon !!!!!!!!!!!!
I know for a fact that they do recon on us. The engineer told me that they lurk on the old board as well as this one.

Rigger

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length