• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

New 2015 Models

Rigger

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I know for a fact that they do recon on us. The engineer told me that they lurk on the old board as well as this one.
Good! What company with any smarts wouldn't? Now, if they could just tweak these throttles a bit!

jawsf16

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Doesn't Yamaha test their boats on the lake in Area 51?:)
The lake at Area 51 is extremely dry, and paved with runways. I know we have a shallow draft, but not that shallow!

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
I know for a fact that they do recon on us. The engineer told me that they lurk on the old board as well as this one.
They had accounts on the old board....they don't need accounts here as guests can read the entire forum.

Bruce

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Just to be clear, we welcome official and unofficial participation from Yamaha.

@primedoc, I always enjoy your intelligence on what is going on inside the Yamaha fences. I am excited about a cruiser offering and I have friends who would be interested in a fishing option.

SCSTWG

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Some of the established boat manufacturers are cutting back or getting out of the larger cruiser segment (Chaparral) and getting into the jetboat segment as this is the fastest growing segment of the market and they want to establish brand loyalty. I am all for Yamaha expanding the line (both jet boats and other drives), but with 3 new players in the jetboat space, they need to keep an eye on the bread and butter.

Ronnie

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I won't be a repeat customer unless / until they release a cruiser with jets.

maboat

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Because this country is loaded with boat manufacturers...quality manufacturers. I can't speak for the Asian market but I doubt there are as many options over there as we have here. If you ever have the chance go to the Fort Lauderdale boat show. You will see countless boat companies fighting for the sale.
In addition to that, OB boat makers have partnership agreements with OB engine makers. Yamaha OB engines already have partnership agreements with other OB boat makers. If Yamaha starts marketing their own OB boats, they risk alienating some partners who sell/market Yamaha OB engines with their own boats. That's not saying it isn't possible, but its not an easy business decision. As an OB engine builder, you want many other boat makers to market your engines. If Yamaha competes against them with OB boats, the other makers may stop selling Yamaha OB engines.

cane.mba

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
If they come out with a 19' jet Fishing platform based on the 1.8l HO we may have to become a two boat family! Just in case your reading this Yamaha, I'm not too far from you and if you need beta testers... ;)

Cobra Jet Steering LLC

Jetboaters Admiral
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
I believe they are going to build a new 24 foot jet boat with a center rudder for steering stability.
I also believe they totally redesigned the hull for this boat. Guess it's wait and see.

0627Devildog

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Classifieds Moderator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
F-ing FIGURES. . . . . . Right after I bought the brand new 2014.

Murf'n'surf

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I guess it wouldn't be too hard to make a fin for existing boats to install on the forward portion of the keel.

Those will make beaching a real drag!

GiddYupJoe

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
NA
@0627Devildog thats the same thing I thought of when I read the thread. Sorry for y'all that just purchased. However you all still have a great boat!

MikeyL

Passed Away
In Memoriam-RIP
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Maybe we could trade 'em Julian for month in exchange for some photos !
LOL ! Thanks, Julian !~

cbus

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Love the current setup! Even if the new version has different bells and whistles, my guess is it comes at a price.

The fun of our boats is all the modding and changes we do to make it better. If it is already done for us what fun is it?

davel501

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
LOL...at least you got the new oil cooler design. No way would I buy a more expensive boat from Yamaha just based on their handling of that situation.

Murf'n'surf

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Every year they increase the price another few grand. I think they are maxed out on what you get for the price. They had better offer up some candy in the new models if they raise the price again.

primedoc

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I cannot confirm or deny anything at this point. I do know something but will not be at liberty to say until Aug after product release.
Pics or it didnt happen
Good! What company with any smarts wouldn't? Now, if they could just tweak these throttles a bit!
I'm actually surprised that they don't engage in more open dialog on this board with us and basically use us as a focus group to help develop and refine products and features.

primedoc

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
LOL me too @0627Devildog. Doesn't change a thing for me though. I wouldn't have waited another year to buy and I'm not sure that there is anything new that I would have really wanted. Happy with my boat and wouldn't change a thing.

I talked to another production guy yesterday who said that they had produced 26 of the new models so far and (he really said this now) that "they have rack-and-pinion steering." When I asked why he just shrugged his shoulders. I'll ask more about it when I get a chance. I can't imagine how they would begin to set that up without having a load of hardware hanging outside the boat between the jets and down in the water. I know that some have complained about having to "muscle" the helm (steering wheel) when at speed, but I don't think it's bad. My skinny little wife doesn't have a problem with it either. It's been a long time since I have driven an I/O so I can't remember how they handled well enough to compare. Again, this is all academic for me. I'm happy with our boat and wouldn't change a thing other that hinged seats with gas shocks.

octavio3311

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
I definitely don't want to see 15' models with gas supported hinged seats! It would just piss me off! :banghead:

0627Devildog

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Classifieds Moderator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
After my troubles with the 2011 JGC. . . . I don't think I would ever buy the first year new model ever again. So it's not likely I would not have bought a newly redesigned 15'. . . . . Which means I would have had to wait two years for them to work any bugs out. I'm not that patient and very happy so far with the purchase.