• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

New 2019 190's video with changes

haknslash

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
It would be nice if they moved the battery to the new smaller storage on the starboard side. That way you can still have a long deep storage for big tubes and things.

My bow filler cushion goes in my starboard rear storage when not in use but that wouldn't work for you since you stow your tube in there. Yes so where exactly does the table and bow filler cushion go if you want to stow them? I'm guess they put the table under the helm when not in use but most people will like to use all that helm storage too so it will be interest to see what new owners come up with for configurations.

I bet those cup holder drain right onto the engine unless Yamaha ran some tubing back to the bilge or by the bilge pump. Doubtful but need to climb around in one to really look it over.

Rickey498

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I think there are a lot to unravel about these new boats. I like the space behind the captains chair. Don’t honestly need the cargo space, but my wife likes to leave the coolers and bags out so this would be a perfect spot. I notice from the pics that there doesn’t seem to be a lot of room between the copilot chair and the dash on the SX190, but than there seems to be a ton of room on the 195. Perhaps it’s an optical illusion. Love the swim deck. Love the easy access to the dash. Hate the cup holder in front of the receiver. Love the hinge cushions. Someone said they changed the jet gate? Be curious to see what that looks like. Not in love with the cooler schemes. I am still in love with the 12s through the 16s. I get compliments on my ‘14 every time I take it out.

haknslash

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
I think there are a lot to unravel about these new boats. I like the space behind the captains chair. Don’t honestly need the cargo space, but my wife likes to leave the coolers and bags out so this would be a perfect spot. I notice from the pics that there doesn’t seem to be a lot of room between the copilot chair and the dash on the SX190, but than there seems to be a ton of room on the 195. Perhaps it’s an optical illusion. Love the swim deck. Love the easy access to the dash. Hate the cup holder in front of the receiver. Love the hinge cushions. Someone said they changed the jet gate? Be curious to see what that looks like. Not in love with the cooler schemes. I am still in love with the 12s through the 16s. I get compliments on my ‘14 every time I take it out.

Here's the new nozzle...

image.png

Rickey498

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
D
It would be nice if they moved the battery to the new smaller storage on the starboard side. That way you can still have a long deep storage for big tubes and things.

My bow filler cushion goes in my starboard rear storage when not in use but that wouldn't work for you since you stow your tube in there. Yes so where exactly does the table and bow filler cushion go if you want to stow them? I'm guess they put the table under the helm when not in use but most people will like to use all that helm storage too so it will be interest to see what new owners come up with for configurations.

I bet those cup holder drain right onto the engine unless Yamaha ran some tubing back to the bilge or by the bilge pump. Doubtful but need to climb around in one to really look it over.
You could move the batteries your self honestly probably wouldn’t be that hard.

Rickey498

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length

Rickey498

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
So I did a little digging and found out that the new SX190 has about 5 more gallons of storage than the old model.

haknslash

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Nice I’d love to drive it and see how that works. I also love that they finally put brakes on the trailer.
192's and 195's have always had surge brakes. I think it was only the 190 series that didn't in the last so it's good to see that all 19's get brakes in 2o19. Never understood why leave out a good safety measure in hopes of upselling a customer.

motoman006

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
192's and 195's have always had surge brakes. I think it was only the 190 series that didn't in the last so it's good to see that all 19's get brakes in 2o19. Never understood why leave out a good safety measure in hopes of upselling a customer.
My 2015 sx190 has surge brakes

haknslash

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
My 2015 sx190 has surge brakes
Hmm maybe you got the upgraded trailer by accident? I know earlier 190's came without surge brakes but not sure if they added it before 2019.

haknslash

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
@druppert pointed out the snaps on the center cushion. Definitely looks removeable! I see they moved the scupper to the starboard side too.

image.jpeg

haknslash

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
I wonder if the nozzle is compatible is 2018 and lower models. That would be nice.
A dealer on here said it can be purchased eventually and used on older boats. Chances are it will be more expensive and looks not quite as laterally effective as the JBP LT's.

2kwik4u

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Personally, I'm glad mine didn't come with brakes. I hate surge brakes. Like they are the scourge of the trailer world IMO. If I find I need brakes on a trailer I'll put electrics on it.

When I upgrade boats, the cost of retrofitting real brakes onto the trailer will be part of the equation. Surge brakes are just barely safer than no brakes IMO.

gsbrown

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR195
Boat Length
Anyone know what this new hose is for? image.png

Last edited:

haknslash

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
I saw that as well and not sure. If it were in the otherwise I'd say it's a dedicated cooling line for the IC lol. Not sure though.

Also noticed there is no wave splash guard over the scupper drain. Scupper hose and cockpit drain is now on starboard side of the boat.

swatski

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length

gsbrown

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR195
Boat Length
I saw that as well and not sure. If it were in the otherwise I'd say it's a dedicated cooling line for the IC lol. Not sure though.

Also noticed there is no wave splash guard over the scupper drain. Scupper hose and cockpit drain is now on starboard side of the boat.
I guess the slash guard didn't help or the amount of water intake wasn't enough to require it.

They also move the bilge exit line a few feet forward. No longer next to pissers.

swatski

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I assume the intercooler intake was in the engine compartment in previous designs.
Yes it diverted water from the cooling line. That was @SamCF famous first 192 mod, I believe.

--