• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

New 2019 190's video with changes

haknslash

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
The dedicated intercooler cooling line has been a go to mod for the PWC's for many years. Not created by the boat community.

haknslash

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Isn't that the supply hose for the washdown on the FSH??
Could be an FSH we're seeing as I vaguely remember seeing it on those boats when they were introduced and that would explain why it's opposite side of the strainer. Good eye and memory!

haknslash

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Here is an older FSH and you can see the wash down pickup.

Attachments

haknslash

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
A few other things I've noticed from the River Valley video.

Drain plugs have moved!! No longer have to reach way underneath. The hull and transom is entirely new and not just a simple stretch here or there. Any 19' owner knows we have a little stepped surface further underneath the jet pump where our drain plugs are but here you can see the stern is entirely new with ride plate, drain plugs and all on the same surface. Nice!

image.png

Here's a look from underneath the new nozzle...

image.png

With the revised single latch on the cleanout/wet storage hatch, the drain for the tray is no longer a tube that runs to the stern. It's actually cutout now into the fiber glass. I didn't check to see if this was on all the 2019 boats but I think they did this to stop water from flowing back through the old tube design where it would flood the cleanout tray and fill up the cleanout plug tube with water. Most people think water gets on top of the tube from water coming over the swim deck but I've found that's near impossible to do and other members have confirmed my hunch water was coming up from the cleanout tray drain fitting as it rushes back towards the stern coming off plane. Pretty slick idea to fix an issue IMO. I don't really care for the size of the drain slot as its pretty noticeable looking at the rear of the boat but if it fixes an issue where people were getting water into their bilge or sitting on the cleanout plugs I'm for it.

image.png

image.png

mdchachi

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR195
Boat Length
Most people think water gets on top of the tube from water coming over the swim deck but I've found that's near impossible to do and other members have confirmed my hunch water was coming up from the cleanout tray drain fitting as it rushes back towards the stern coming off plane.
I had been assuming that that the clean-out plug isn't completely water tight and that the high pressure water was leaking up from below.

1WetBoat

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Those drain slots are also how you run the hose to connect to the flush ports since you cant have the hatch open while running the motors.

haknslash

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
I had been assuming that that the clean-out plug isn't completely water tight and that the high pressure water was leaking up from below.
That can happen if someone's plug is swollen and doesn't sit down in the tube to seal good which often results in a plug blowing out because it couldn't lock in place good. If a cleanout plug isn't seated good or not in you will know it because the boat won't have much thrust and will feel like cavitation.

The cleanout tray drain tube doesn't have a check valve inline so as water rushes back to the stern coming off plane it will go into the drain hole fitting, up the short tube and then into the cleanout tray.

2kwik4u

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
That can happen if someone's plug is swollen and doesn't sit down in the tube to seal good which often results in a plug blowing out because it couldn't lock in place good. If a cleanout plug isn't seated good or not in you will know it because the boat won't have much thrust and will feel like cavitation.

The cleanout tray drain tube doesn't have a check valve inline so as water rushes back to the stern coming off plane it will go into the drain hole fitting, up the short tube and then into the cleanout tray.
I really need to get those videos posted after I took it out with the hatch open and the switch taped in place.

Heizen

Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
Boat Model
VR
Boat Length
Having the boat washdown hose on board will allow you to take care of dirt and filth even when you’re on the waters. Since it’s reliable, no mishaps will occur.

Last edited: