• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter
  • Announcing the 2024 Jetboat Pilot 10th Annual Marine Mat Group Buy for JetBoaters.net members only! This is your best time to buy Marine Mat from JetboatPilot - you won't get a better price - 30% Off! Use Coupon Code JETBOATERS.NET at checkout.

So if you are tired of stepping on really hot snaps/carpet, or tired of that musty carpet smell - Marine Mat is the best alternative out there! Get in on this now, or pay more later!

You only have until September 30th to get in on this.....So Hurry!

You can dismiss this notice by clicking on the "X" in the upper right corner>>>>>>>>

New 2020 SX190 owner - CJS VIPER AK19 w/ top fangs installed!

You're gonna love it. Top speed is hurt a tad I think but definitely worth it. Here's a better pic of that bottom bolt that was a PITA:

img_4366-jpg.118607

Can anyone with a 2019 confirm your plate ride plate also angles up like this?

I can't open your picture to see what you are referring to but I can confirm that, on my 2019 AR 190, the outer edge of the ride plate flares up at the end.

75CEF2D0-0524-4BAB-B944-AF70FF2A461F.jpeg
I did a thing..... ?Thanks for all the advice !

Nice! So you can set those to go up at a certain speed?

Nice! So you can set those to go up at a certain speed?
I took Jeff’s suggestion and set the first setting. I’ll switch em as I desire later if need be.

Those can be set at several down at speed levels to provide the high speed assistance that you choose or set to go up at speed however The full time down all the time provides the most for your money at all speeds.

I got them for our new SX-190 after reading this thread and installed them today. (Super Ultimate AK-19) The hardest part was working over the water since our boat is on a lift. I had to rig up something to catch anything I might drop.

I can’t wait to give them a test run. Unfortunately it’s perfect conditions on the inter coastal and my wife would be pretty annoyed if I didn’t wait for her...
0B9DC64C-15C7-429D-AC38-E877F4F5F14E.jpeg

Took my XS190 out today after my cobra install. Let me tell you it was a ten fold increase in maneuverability ! Actually could hover around the dock with full control and landing the boat up on the trailer by simply sneaking up to it in no wake mode was a pure blessing ! Pulling a tube with 500# of weight and being able to sling em all around the lake while having full control was really a big bonus. Steering was stiffer and my top speed was noticeably effected but I’ll take the trade off anytime !

That’s a nice report, thanks for sharing. What was your top speed prior and now? Thank you. Looking for an AR 190 here.

That’s a nice report, thanks for sharing. What was your top speed prior and now? Thank you. Looking for an AR 190 here.
I haven’t really compared apples to apples just yet. With 4 on board prior to install I got 38 mph. With 6, loaded with gear and such while pulling a tube I kept my speeds under 30. I’ll try and see what it’ll do when I get a chance under similar circumstances.

I would be very surprised if this had any effect on your speed other than keeping the speed higher in turns and getting out of the hole and on plane faster, along with staying on plane a bit longer when slowing down.
In chop you should also experience a little smoother ride and that should actually keep the speed up slightly..

Great thread guys. Looking to pick up a 2018 AR195 next week. @Cobra Jet Steering LLC I’m seeing 2 different cobra steering setups the ultimate and the viper is one better then the other or fangs vs top fins.

It depends on what you want from a steering system, both provide high speed and slow speed assistance, the super ultimate deluxe has an added planing surface , is spring loaded and the steering influence can be set for slow speed only or for all time assistance and at various levels of influence it adds control in both forward and reverse it does not increase the draft of the boat. The super ultimate can also be upgraded with the mega fang plus setup for enhanced reverse thrust and better reverse steering as well as better stopping power and a power steering effect .
The viper is fixed, provides both slow and high speed influence, in forward and reverse , it also has a planing surface , the fins are spaced further apart for more travel and more influence without increasing the draft of the boat. You can can also add top fangs to the viper for increased influence in forward and reverse when driving at slow no wake or minimum wake speeds. or pictures and other details you can view them on the vendor section https://jetboaters.net/threads/basi...us-options-from-cobra-jet-steering-llc.16857/

Back