• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

New 2021 212s

AZ Jetboater

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212S
Boat Length
Searching and searching. Which Stoltz bow roller combo is that? I have a 2021 212SE and need a Stoltz ASAP!

part numbers please (assuming I use the existing hardware)
RP-446 Roller with RP325 Ends
Original bolt was too short so I replaced with a 1/2” x 6” bolt with 2 USS washers and all metal lock nut. It left nothing to snag on.

Attachments

212s

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212S
Boat Length
Who has mounted battery tenders in their boat? Looking to do that and curious to see what brand people have gone with and who to stay away from. The folks at Deltran, who makes an affordable tender, say theirs is not rated for vibration and they do not recommend mounting in a boat. Thanks for any help!!
Three things you need to watch out for when mounting a charger in the boat - built for the vibration, built for water resistance, and ignition protected so it can't spark a fire. And if you leave the batteries in the boat, you must have a smart charger that will not over-charge and go into maintenance mode for storage.

I bought a Promariner for mine as it was on sale at the time. Noco Genius is also a highly recommended brand. As long as it fits the above requirements, it should work fine. Pics or it didn't happen so:
Charger.jpg
I've since cleaned up the wiring for a tidy install...this pic was taken day of installation and my OCD compelled me to clean it up. The wife might have said something too.
:D

JetMania

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212S
Boat Length
Three things you need to watch out for when mounting a charger in the boat - built for the vibration, built for water resistance, and ignition protected so it can't spark a fire. And if you leave the batteries in the boat, you must have a smart charger that will not over-charge and go into maintenance mode for storage.

I bought a Promariner for mine as it was on sale at the time. Noco Genius is also a highly recommended brand. As long as it fits the above requirements, it should work fine. Pics or it didn't happen so:
View attachment 135390
I've since cleaned up the wiring for a tidy install...this pic was taken day of installation and my OCD compelled me to clean it up. The wife might have said something too.
:D
Looks clean @212s. I went with a Motobatt PDC Series 2 bank 12v 2amp charger. Got a great deal and talked with them direct. They warranty it for 2 years and it is designed to be mounted and is rated to withstand vibration. Features smart charging and I am hoping all goes well. We shall see come Spring. Thank you for sharing your set-up!

212s

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212S
Boat Length
Looks clean @212s. I went with a Motobatt PDC Series 2 bank 12v 2amp charger. Got a great deal and talked with them direct. They warranty it for 2 years and it is designed to be mounted and is rated to withstand vibration. Features smart charging and I am hoping all goes well. We shall see come Spring. Thank you for sharing your set-up!
Not familiar with that brand but as long as it's built for boat mounting and is ignition protected so it can't spark, you should be fine. 2 amps is plenty to keep two batteries topped up during storage.

AZ Jetboater

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212S
Boat Length
Who has mounted battery tenders in their boat? Looking to do that and curious to see what brand people have gone with and who to stay away from. The folks at Deltran, who makes an affordable tender, say theirs is not rated for vibration and they do not recommend mounting in a boat. Thanks for any help!!
I went with the Minn Kota MK220D. It's a bit on the bulky side but has good cooling fin surface (it gets real hot in an Arizona garage in the summer) and 10 amps per bank so I can charge in 4-5 hours off a small Honda generator for extended trips.

Attachments

JetMania

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212S
Boat Length
I know everyone from the South and Southwest lay down the sympathy for the 6 months we have to put our babies away for winter. And it does suck at first after great times all Summer on the lake. There will also be times I miss and long for those days; however, growing up in Wisconsin and living in Denver for 7 years, after I left after college, somehow left me with a love for Fall and Winter. I love the four seasons and after those two, I am always ready and super excited for Spring and getting the boat out.

I love skiing and I miss snowmobiling in Wisco. Sledding and snow football and snow ball fights rock too. We don’t get enough snow in MO for my liking. So we have a ski vacation in Colorado planned. The last two years we have taken cruises to the Bahamas and the Caribbean which I think is best in the Winter when you live in the Midwest or up North. We scuba dived in the Caymans, Belize and Cozumel in March. If it weren’t for COVID we’d be diving in the Southern Caribbean this Winter.

When I lived in Phoenix for 5 years after Denver, I missed Fall and Winter. Not always as it is super nice all Winter long, but Summer absolutely sucked ass! And the cruise I went on when down there wasn’t the same without escaping the cold.

With all that and the holidays, it always goes fast and makes all those late Spring, Summer and early Fall days on the lake more special. It won’t be long before we are back in the 212s! So no sympathy needed here.

PatrickKolby

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212S
Boat Length
As promised. Sorry for the delay. Here’s the back of the 2021 212SE amp and the helm. Also a quick snap shot of a few other areas.

Attachments

NewBoater

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Congrats on your new boat. What things does the 212s have ever the ar210 does not? Deciding between these 2. Thanks!

JetMania

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212S
Boat Length
She has a name! It was this or Jet Mania. Matches the registration number. I will add more pics.
82D37BF7-E1CB-4422-AFE8-340766263635.jpeg

JetMania

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212S
Boat Length
Table Rock for a week. Condo with a slip was great. Could see her from the condo and just a few steps down to the dock. Had six kids with us and they had a blast. Rented a jet ski for a day and let the kids rip from the cove. Great times!!

Attachments

JetMania

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212S
Boat Length
where did you get the name done? i like that font and look/color.
I got it done on eBay. If you search boat names, you will see all her fonts. The sellers name is thegraphicsco. She’s done my last two boats. Uses 3m material with UV protectant. The boat name and the registration match. Different font but same color and style. The name is more of a script. The first render the name was more upright like the registration and I told her I want the name in more of a script and she modified it perfect. Couldn’t be happier, though I would have gone with a 5” instead of these 4”, but I wasn’t sure if I had the space up and down and turns out I do. Good luck!!

Wicked92

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
255XD
Boat Length
I got it done on eBay. If you search boat names, you will see all her fonts. The sellers name is thegraphicsco. She’s done my last two boats. Uses 3m material with UV protectant. The boat name and the registration match. Different font but same color and style. The name is more of a script. The first render the name was more upright like the registration and I told her I want the name in more of a script and she modified it perfect. Couldn’t be happier, though I would have gone with a 5” instead of these 4”, but I wasn’t sure if I had the space up and down and turns out I do. Good luck!!
thank u...ill see what she has.

RobbieO

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212SE
Boat Length
What a nice looking boat!