• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

New - Alton Pool - 2022 Yamaha

RichardLee

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
Hello Everyone! We've only had a distant connection to boating, so my wife and I are setting out on our own boating journey. We're near the Alton Pool, and I've been trying to read as much as I can. I've settled on jets in general and Yamaha specifically. I understand from the dealer that details are normally out mid-August, so that's when we finalize things.

Part of me thinks it might be smarter for us to get our first boat first and get the 195s, but we are leaning towards the AR250. Most of the time it would be the two of us, but we have dreams of our grown (20s) children spending time on the water as well. If you want a wakeboard tower and a passenger captain's chair, it looks like the logical choices are the 195s, the 212s, then the AR250. With the 212s being almost as much as the AR250, that seems to leave the 195s or the AR250.

Anyway, I appreciate all the information and stories I've already found here, and I'm looking forward to our journey. I'm going to read some more...

Ogtbagger

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited E-Series
Boat Length
I have a 2016 242 lse and boat in the Alton Pool. Feel free to reach out with any questions.

RichardLee

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
I have a 2016 242 lse and boat in the Alton Pool. Feel free to reach out with any questions.
Thanks, I appreciate that. Would you consider a 19 foot or stick with the 25 foot for the rivers?

Select Friends

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
2011 21ft on Pool 26. I like the peace of mind of having two jets, two engines. Hoping to move to a 24-25 ft in the future.

Ogtbagger

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited E-Series
Boat Length
Thanks, I appreciate that. Would you consider a 19 foot or stick with the 25 foot for the rivers?
I would go bigger. Also having 2 motors is nice for maneuvering.

RichardLee

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
Thank you both, that helps. Not my bank account though :)

Skierdad

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR195
Boat Length
I have an AR195 and I am bigger bodies of water. I usually have 8 people total in my boat (2 families). We have felt very safe in our boat and have even got caught in some heavier winds with zero issues. We ski, wakeboard, and surf behind it. Having said that, knowing what I know now I would have gone with the bigger boat with twin motors. Just more space, more power, etc.. Surfing can be done but not at a level like you see in the bigger boats. I really have to weight it down and the sweetspot is small. Overall the boat is amazing so it really is a great boat for a day on the lake.

RichardLee

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
The 19 foot boats look like great fun like a sports car. We were able to walk through a 252s (the only Yamaha on the floor) and we both did love the space. At 6'1" I was able to stretch my legs out in the bow, and it felt like a deck boat in a good way. My wife would've bought that one on the spot if it wasn't going to the waiting list.

zipper

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boston Whaler
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length

RichardLee

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
Someone shared that with me already :) We are really gluttons for punishment as we have horses too...

zipper

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boston Whaler
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Someone shared that with me already :) We are really gluttons for punishment as we have horses too...
Funny, I get it...2 horses, 4 cows and 2 needy dogs here. Lol Anything labeled for equine or marine use and the price goes up.

I still vote for the bigger boat.

Last edited:

212s

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212S
Boat Length
Part of me thinks it might be smarter for us to get our first boat first and get the 195s, but we are leaning towards the AR250. Most of the time it would be the two of us, but we have dreams of our grown (20s) children spending time on the water as well. If you want a wakeboard tower and a passenger captain's chair, it looks like the logical choices are the 195s, the 212s, then the AR250. With the 212s being almost as much as the AR250, that seems to leave the 195s or the AR250.
:Welcome:
When we were shopping around, we considered the 195s for the twin buckets and tower and probably would have been happy with it since we don't really need the space of the bigger 21' models. But since we were buying new, figured we shouldn't settle and get the size we really wanted so we opted for the bigger 212s for the same reasons, plus twin engines with lots more grunt, more space, and higher freeboard (wife felt we were more "in" the boat over the 19' models) and we boat in some rough waters up here. It's not just the length when it comes to size too, compare the 195 vs the 212 or 250 and there's a big difference in height and weight.

RichardLee

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
Thanks!
I know what you mean about feeling "in", the 252s definitely made me feel protected seated. It sounds like everything works in favor of the 25 foot for us. This is the only time I remember being anxious for August to come around - so we can see specs and colors and pricing on these.