• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

New AR192 Owner - Picked Up a 2014 Today!

itsdgm

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Congrats @Jason Talley on the new beautiful boat. Looks like the guys have given you a few options for wiring adapters. Another "roadside/emergency " fix is to unplug the harnesses and plug them in sideways so that the running light wire (on the tow vehicle side) is connected to the reverse lockout (blue wire) on the trailer. Then turn on your headlights, this will run power to the surge brake lockout.

This will get you down the ramp for launch and retrieval on a temp basis. But it's way easier in the long run to just get the right adapters for normal operation.

Jason Talley

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Thanks @itsdgm, I had read a similar option. Ill definitely do that until i get this wiring harness in!

Jason Talley

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I ordered the Stoltz 4" and while it is the correct one, my spacing on my bracket is JUST under the width needed. My trailer bends in slightly making the gap smaller at the boat than at the base. I actually took a hacksaw and about an hour of rigorous sawing and trimmed the middle piece down (on the roller) about 1/8-1/4". It still is a little snug but I was able to get it in. Ill use it a few times and see if it loosens up a little. If not, Ill trip it down a little more. Much nicer material than the stock one.

njmr2fan

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I took a rubber mallet and opened up the tabs to get it in.

CFD3Captain

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Wake
Boat Length
I did both....beat the ears with a mallet and then ended up trimming the roller to let it "give" a little more freely when the boat ran up on it.

David D

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX192
Boat Length
There should be a key or a pin so you can manually lock out the surge breaks when backing up, they are easy lost or misplaced. My boat didn't have one when I purchased it. I picked up a back up buddy off eBay works great.
http://m.ebay.com/itm/BACK-UP-BUDDY-A-UFP-SURGE-BRAKE-LOCK-OUT-KEY-BOAT-TRAILER-MAGNETIC-KEY-/120941559235
My trailer has the key shown in this eBay post (the metal one with the red line through it). But I have the 7 pin on my Shorelander trailer and tow vehicle, so I've never had to use it. Originally I didn't want to keep the lights powered in the water, but it's never been a problem so I leave it connected and the brakes don't lock.

I agree that you'll be happiest after you modify the wiring on the trailer to disable the brakes in reverse.